Air pressure issue.

I doubt that is your problem...… I suspect its more your compressor that has reached its 'end of life.'
Your compressor isn't strong enough to pull the paint up from the bottle, the diaphragm in it may have deteriorated to a point that it is now failing or has a tiny hole in it from being overworked

Hey @DaveG.... what is the lifespan of a Badger 150-4 :)

Well, I have several 100 variations that use the same head (body, air valve, as well as trigger) as the 150 - that are from the mid 60's that work like new. I also have many Thayer Chandler Model A's that are basically where the Badger brush began life, that date back to as early as the 1920's that work as good as anything. So, I would guess they live for a good long time...

I suggested a simple test earlier on in this thread to determine whether the compressor passes muster, but it went unheeded, so... Hope he winds up with something that works for him.

Well, I have several 100 variations that use the same head (body, air valve, as well as trigger) as the 150 - that are from the mid 60's that work like new. I also have many Thayer Chandler Model A's that are basically where the Badger brush began life, that date back to as early as the 1920's that work as good as anything. So, I would guess they live for a good long time...

I suggested a simple test earlier on in this thread to determine whether the compressor passes muster, but it went unheeded, so... Hope he winds up with something that works for him.
It wasn't unheeded. I just haven't had a time where running the test won't bug my neighbors. Living in an apartment building sucks when you have a noisy compressor.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

So did the test, no draw. So I am pretty well hooped until I can get a new compressor, yay.

So did the test, no draw. So I am pretty well hooped until I can get a new compressor, yay.

I didn't want to hit the "like" button, because I am sorry for the difficulty - but, I figured it was a compressor issue.

I am not a huge fan of bottom feed brushes, just as a matter of personal preference. I do know the way the Badger works though; having a fair number of brushes using the same pieces that give it it's character. They are capable performers. I know this isn't the way you wanted to proceed - but, you will be better off for it in the long run.

You're in Canada, right? Drop a line over to Donna at Maple Airbrush - she should be able to get you fixed up with anything you need.

I didn't want to hit the "like" button, because I am sorry for the difficulty - but, I figured it was a compressor issue.

I am not a huge fan of bottom feed brushes, just as a matter of personal preference. I do know the way the Badger works though; having a fair number of brushes using the same pieces that give it it's character. They are capable performers. I know this isn't the way you wanted to proceed - but, you will be better off for it in the long run.

You're in Canada, right? Drop a line over to Donna at Maple Airbrush - she should be able to get you fixed up with anything you need.
I have a line on a set up that'll cost about 160~ in my local area. It is a vapor airbrush and compressor. Which one of the people I know who airbrush regularly suggested, but I will definitely look into the option you suggested. Now, could a hose leak cause the issue? I am kicking myself for not thinking about this sooner...

I have a line on a set up that'll cost about 160~ in my local area. It is a vapor airbrush and compressor. Which one of the people I know who airbrush regularly suggested, but I will definitely look into the option you suggested. Now, could a hose leak cause the issue? I am kicking myself for not thinking about this sooner...

yes. That little compressor barely makes enough to do the job, so if air is bleeding off through a leak in a hose or connection, you could easily not have enough at the brush to do the job.

Fill the compressor and listen for a hiss, or use some diluted liquid soap around the connections, you’ll soon find the leak if there is one

I have a line on a set up that'll cost about 160~ in my local area. It is a vapor airbrush and compressor. Which one of the people I know who airbrush regularly suggested,
never heard of 'vapor airbrush' and google came up with nothing. I would steer clear, even if your friend uses it 'regularly' - Once a month can be 'regularly' for some folk.
If you want to be able to use it on a daily basis for a few hours a day then you need something solid, with a tank reservoir.

I'd go with DaveG's suggestion and check out Maple Airbrush. https://www.mapleairbrushsupplies.com/

You can always link something here and ask for opinions, we are all more than happy to help out. It will save you $$ in the long run.

Last edited:
Fill the compressor and listen for a hiss, or use some diluted liquid soap around the connections, you’ll soon find the leak if there is one

never heard of 'vapor airbrush' and google came up with nothing. I would steer clear, even if your friend uses it 'regularly' - Once a month can be 'regularly' for some folk.
If you want to be able to use it on a daily basis for a few hours a day then you need something solid, with a tank reservoir.

I'd go with DaveG's suggestion and check out Maple Airbrush. https://www.mapleairbrushsupplies.com/

You can always link something here and ask for opinions, we are all more than happy to help out. It will save you $$ in the long run.
I get that, however cost is currently a big issue. Now the airbrush in question is: https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/dual-action-gravity-feed-airbrush/A-p8527491e [vaper, not vapor. My bad.] And the compressor: https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/mini-air-compressor/A-p8527483e

I will probably [at least for now, due to not wanting to be a bad neighbor] currently only be using my airbrush 1-2 times a week myself.

yes. That little compressor barely makes enough to do the job, so if air is bleeding off through a leak in a hose or connection, you could easily not have enough at the brush to do the job.
Cool, I have a different hose coming tomorrow to test with, I will definitely update after.

Yeah, the Vaper is a generic Asian brush - here in the States they are branded as "Master" (G44). I have a handful of them. Here in the States there are several non brand specific models that cost about half as much as the Master, that I find are actually quite a bit better. With that said, the G44 sells a ton here. They do have potential, but may sometimes require a little tweaking to get the best out of.

Yeah, the Vaper is a generic Asian brush - here in the States they are branded as "Master" (G44). I have a handful of them. Here in the States there are several non brand specific models that cost about half as much as the Master, that I find are actually quite a bit better. With that said, the G44 sells a ton here. They do have potential, but may sometimes require a little tweaking to get the best out of.
There not pain the butt ones with the nozzles you screw into airbrush with the little spanner because those a fun when break them this why go my VL and then my 105.

Thanks Henry

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

Cool, I have a different hose coming tomorrow to test with, I will definitely update after.

So, as an update to this, the hose was a bust, wrong connector size.

Back