Airbrush kit for motorcycle helemts

D

Debster

greetings airbrush community. Wondering what airbrush kit would yield best results for airbrush painting on motorcycle helmets. I’m a beginner but would love to start projects. I’m using the forum to learn about paints, prepping before painting, and so forth. After watching tutorials it’s hard to know what kind of machine they use as they focus on techniques rather than talking about airbrush kits. Any of your experiences would help as I’m currently in the market for one. Thanks!

Okay, lets get the formalities out of the way....
Welcome Dragon.jpg

walk away from the kits, 9 times out of 10 they aren't what they claim, the brush may be a cheap generic, the compressor may not be suitable for anything other than nail art - you get the picture.

for what you are proposing, an Iwata eclipse CS would be my suggestion, for Helmets I'd suggest createx Wicked / Wicked Detail.
If we knew where you lived (you can update your profile to include your location) then we could recommend retailers.
Do you have noise considerations ? EG do you live in an apartment or are you somewhere that a little bit of noise wont be a problem.
before you start attacking helmets I'd suggest getting some posterboard and playing around with that. the shiny side is good practise for hard surface painting - which is a skill in itself.

I'm sure there are threads around here with prep info..... I'll go and see what I can find.... I'll be back :)

All very helpful tips and links. I have one question. So let’s say that you need to paint over the whole helmet. Would that airbrush still work for that amount of coverage? I’m still confused as I watched a couple of tutorials and it seemed like the cup is small >_< perhaps because the guy providing the tutorials was painting small surfaces like small model figurines. I’ve seen other videos where the painter is spraying over the helmets with a bigger size container attached for an even finish. Do I make sense? So I was hoping there would be an airbrush that would tackle this type of work as well. Not just for detailing.

All very helpful tips and links. I have one question. So let’s say that you need to paint over the whole helmet. Would that airbrush still work for that amount of coverage? I’m still confused as I watched a couple of tutorials and it seemed like the cup is small >_< perhaps because the guy providing the tutorials was painting small surfaces like small model figurines. I’ve seen other videos where the painter is spraying over the helmets with a bigger size container attached for an even finish. Do I make sense? So I was hoping there would be an airbrush that would tackle this type of work as well. Not just for detailing.
If you are laying down a base coat or clear use a mini spray gun , For graphics and mural work is where the airbrush comes in.
Watch airbrush artist who do helmet work and not figures
https://www.youtube.com/user/BloodShotChannel/videos

Back