Airbrush parts: Can you fill in the blanks?

S

Sheba

Hi,

I'm beginning to experiment with an airbrush for the first time and while cleaning it I completely disassembled and laid out all the pieces (see labeled image).

From googling around I noticed some inconsistencies with regard to the terms being used for the different parts which make up the airbrush.

Can anyone suggest which label they use for any of the parts labeled in the image below as I want to ensure m posts are understandable when posting on these forums.

Thank you

Explanation of each part:
A - "Needle"?
B - "Tightner"? (Note: It screws onto the combined parts (C+D+E)
C - "Sleeve"? (Note: Covers parts D+E)
D - "Spring"?
E - "Trigger Bar"? (Note: Used to ensure trigger is spring-loaded)
F - "End cap"? (Note: The outer-most 'layer' of the "Nose Cone")
G - "Middle cap"? (Note: The part that the "End Cap" screws onto)
H - "Nose Cone"? (Note: The inner-most layer of the combined part F+G+H
I - " Trigger"?
J - "Rear Tube"? (Note: Screws onto the rear of K)
K - "Main body"? (Note: The biggest part of the air brush)

Attachments

• Disassembled_Iwata_Eclipse_BCS.jpg
    Disassembled_Iwata_Eclipse_BCS.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 21
F and G seem to be the wrong way round. In your pic F looks like the nozzle cap and G looks like the needle /crown cap but

A - Needle
B - Chucking Nut
C - Needle Spring Guide
D - Needle spring
E - Needle chucking guide
F - Nozzle cap (Screws onto H and covers the nozzle)
G - Crown cap or needle cap (most outer part, can be removed to gain a better view of the needle and get closer to the work for tighter detail)
H - Head assembly (screws onto the main body of the airbrush)
I - Trigger
J - Handle, can be solid or cut out
K - Body

Some people will call them different things but in general we can work out what you mean and if you post pics even better.

If you have a few minutes spare please pop along to the introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself. Where your from, what equipment you have what your thinking of buying, what things you want to paint etc.. We get to know you that way and can also help guide you to where you can get the right paints, equipment, etc

Lee

Btw K is two parts ( more if the air valve were dis assembled) , the body and the nozzle which seems to be stuck in the body.

Nozzle cap is often referred to as aircap as well.

That piece on the front of the needle chucking guide is the auxillary lever , whether it's attached or not and is often referred to as a rocker.

First of all; thanks so much for all your replies, this information is great. I was originally worried about disassembling the airbrush in case I couldn't put it back together or broke something, so much so that I was about to pass on it. Ultimately I gave it a go and got it back together no problem from which I've gained a lot of confidence. With the information I now have from you guys I really feel today has been productive as far as learning is concerned.

Appreciate the help.

See I told different people call parts different things, we work out what you are talking about between us :) Glad we have been of some help

Lee

Back