Airbrushing on Slate

Ttxela

Mac-Valve Maestro!
I've had a request to do a picture onto slate. I'm thinking this should be OK but is there anything I should be considering? I'm thinking my normal Createx wicked paints would be OK? Would you seal the slate with something first or paint direct and clear over the top?

I can always do some testing but wondered if anyone had any experience?

I’d guess that slate may have enough tooth on it’s own, but might consider Autobourne Sealer Transparent. The Wicked paints should be fine either way. I want to say that some one here has painted on skate recently, but I can’t remember who. Have you tried using the search function to search Slate?

Can't see anything about slate specifically, there's some posts on something caller Terra Slate paper which sounds interesting, I'll probably just go for it and see what happens :)

Terra slate paper is paper made with limestone dust and plastic ., Love painting on it due to hold paint well and stands up to scratching and erasing .
For slate I only painted on it one time for a friend and I wiped the entire thing with alcohol then just went for it.
Is it finished slate meaning milled smooth or rough slate ?

Terra slate paper is paper made with limestone dust and plastic ., Love painting on it due to hold paint well and stands up to scratching and erasing .
For slate I only painted on it one time for a friend and I wiped the entire thing with alcohol then just went for it.
Is it finished slate meaning milled smooth or rough slate ?

That remains to be seen since I haven't got the slate yet, I suspect it will be a Welsh roofing slate so not milled in the way billiard table slate would be but split along the bedding plane. I would never dare or presume to describe a dressed Welsh roofing slate as rough.......:eek::laugh:

Back