alclad medium or klearkote

B

BenTSH

Hi,

I'm going to use this paint usually but I'm wondering how much quantity of medium ( ALC400 ) I will use and IF I will use ?

I will make lures so I will have between 2 and 5 layer of diferent colors : for example an alu over all the lure and above a turquoise band and above both a pearlized candy bleu more narrow band so does I have to use a medium for masking or for avoid blending or it will be better with the clear cote directly ?

Thanks by advance

You never use a lot of paint in general unless your using a mini spray gun but from an airbrush it wont be a lot at all. I'm trying to imagine what result you want but im having trouble visualising it. You could do your silver and then mask off, paint one bit, mask that off and paint the other part then clear. You could also clear over the silver before masking but be aware that you could reactivate the clear and have problems unless your using a 2k clear.

Lee

ok, I see; I had forgotten the fact that each new coat ( color or medium or 1k clear ) have its solvant which can reactivate the "under coats" ( if I've right understood ) so only a 2k would be the perfect secure solution but ...

As I still have not used alclad so I'm wondering how they resist to masking; I know only chrome and polished alu seems to be less strong but tests are always better as it depend on my airbrush technic ( I'm a neewby lol ) and the kind of masking tape too

here is an example of coloring ;)

Attachments

• 103685915.jpg
    103685915.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 5
Back