am i using the correct paints ?

M

Matwom

hi guys
im a sculpture maker which i make out of old scrap metal , sandblast , prime then paint .
iv only recently started with the paint side of it . my sculptures are only around 12 inchs
is height .
i was told that VALLEJO GAME AIR was the best paint to use but im not sure that iv chosen correctly .
im new to airbrushing and i took the first peace of advice i was given , im using a siphon feed airbrush
and any help would be fab , thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your reply , I’m learning all the time , are there any tutorials on this forum referring to siphon feed airbrush work flows that you now of which may help me along ? Thank you
I just googled :p I don't have experience with Vallejo. :D

You can find lot's off topics about siphon feed as well other airbrushes. But I don't understand your question what you mean with work flow.
Something like that?
maxresdefault.jpg

Here's a workflow lol

Well,
1 do your sculptures go outside?
2 how much are you willing to pay extra to not need to mix your own colors?

If yes for 1 I would treat them more as an automotive surface.

2 I ask because that's basically the one advantage you get from Vallejo is the range of colors but at the expense of paying about half cost each for a fourth as much paint as most others. So double the price but lots of pre made variety.

If you have the ability to spray solvent, even outside, I would consider a super cheap mini gun and some epoxy primer, what you use after that won't matter a whole lot.

If you have the ability to spray solvent, even outside, I would consider a super cheap mini gun and some epoxy primer, what you use after that won't matter a whole lot.
hi mate
thanks for the reply and advice ,this is my planned work flow -- after sandblasting ,use a rattle can gray car primer / then airbrushing {Vallejo game colour} then 2k laquer from air gun , finished .

do you think this would be ok ?

I'd go with a cheap epoxy primer.
Unless you need to smooth out surfaces, then I'd go 2k high build.

Rattlecan primer doesn't really do much to protect it, and can sometimes be incompatible with 2k clears.

Any airbrush paint will be fine in your workflow.

Back