For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Anyone else into old or unique airbrushes?

Discussion in 'General Airbrush Discussion' started by 2Diverse, Mar 31, 2019.

1. 2Diverse

2Diverse Double Actioner

Nice set. And the foam is vivid. The large cup does seem a bit...unsteady. The small one fits snug and will more than likely be the one I'd use anyway.

I had resized them. It said no larger than 1800 pxl on one dimension. I made them smaller than that and they wouldn't load. The pics I've posted previously have all been 1800 pxl from my PC and they uploaded so, I dunno.
    jord001 likes this.
  2. Jurien72

Jurien72 Have Airbrush - Will Travel! Very Likeable!

Hmm that's weird then. I checked the pic sizes and they should be sized correctly. Weird!
    jord001 likes this.
  3. Jurien72

Goofing Off.jpg Just in case you have any doubts about my skill level, this is what I painted today lol it was fun! Been a long time.
    jord001, doc1 and DaveG like this.
  4. 2Diverse

2Diverse Double Actioner

it was fun!
    And fun is the important thing!
    Still better than I can do. Yours looks like it could head somewhere. It looks like it could be the start of a decent scene.
    jord001 likes this.
  5. DaveG

DaveG Airbush Analyst Very Likeable!

I have a Gabbert that uses drop in cups like those on the VSR- only they fit really well. A few things that set it apart from the Paasche would be the fact that the front part of the body can also be turned to allow the hole the color cups fit into, to be used as a bottom siphon feed hole with a glass jar. Well, actually, the whole front part of the brush can be changed to make it into any one of 4 or 5 different configurations.

triplex1.jpg
    jord001, doc1 and 2Diverse like this.
  6. 2Diverse

2Diverse Double Actioner

That is an interesting airbrush Dave. I looked it up but I don't read German. From what little I THINK I understood is it has .25 and .35 needle/nozzles?

And one other thing I found on the Paasche site, the handle from the Talon with the adjustable needle stop fits the VSR90. Hmmm, if the brush will spray lacquer...
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    jord001 likes this.
  7. Jurien72

Omg Dave that looks like the airbrush of my dreams! I wonder if that inspired the T&C model with the rotating head assembly?

Chris the Cabbie has an interesting post somewhere about making a hot-rodded Paasche V with a Talon handle. The V, VSR90, and VJR are pretty much the same exact brush, only variation is in the paint cup setup.
    jord001 and DaveG like this.
  8. DaveG

each of the three included head pieces came with it's own needle, nozzle, and nozzle cap set up - so there is a .25(the A cup), a .35(interchangeable gravity cups) and a .5(D cup). The parts are interchangeable, so they can be moved around to suit needs.
    jord001 and doc1 like this.
  9. 2Diverse

2Diverse Double Actioner

That does sound like it should cover all the bases. Very nice! If the website I saw it at is current it seems like a pretty good price for what you are getting.

I have a Badger 360. I think it needs a new tip (bubbles in the cup). I haven't gotten any as it costs about as much to ship them than it does to buy 3. When I need Badger parts again I'll add it to that list.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    jord001 likes this.
  10. 2Diverse

2Diverse Double Actioner

I got the parts to complete the 1/2 brush. The case, cups, needle aand other parts came with it.

Should be the last one I buy.
    [​IMG]
    jord001 and Jurien72 like this.
  11. Jurien72

Awesome!
    jord001 and 2Diverse like this.
  12. 2Diverse

2Diverse Double Actioner

Thank you Jurien. I just posted my entire T&C collection in the for sale section.
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    jord001 likes this.
  13. Jurien72

I see that... *bursts into tears* I'm sure they will find a good home lol
    jord001 likes this.
  14. 2Diverse

2Diverse Double Actioner

I hear ya. The way things have been going for me recently I'll probably have them a lot longer. I won't sell them individually as it would be too hard to try to figure out good combinations to offer. IE, which airbrush gets which cup and how many extra needles do I put with it, etc. etc. etc. I don't want any left over parts either. There may not be that many who would want to buy the whole group.

I'm gonna give it some time to see what happens.
    jord001 likes this.
  15. 2Diverse

2Diverse Double Actioner

Am I misunderstanding something here? I had planned to buy a Procon as I think the needle stop feature will help me with some of what I want to paint. Yes, I know that I need to learn fingertip control.

I bought a Paasche handle for my VSR90 that comes on a Talon, part number TAL-34. It is supposed to work on this VSR90 per Paasche's website. I installed it and the tube goes too deep to stop the needle at any point. Is the Talon needle that much longer? I made my own stop. I used a piece of aluminum tubing, which I use for my models, and a nail. I cut them to size. With the Talon handle knob adjusted in the needle will stop when I pull the trigger back about half way.

Is this not how this handle is supposed to work?

[​IMG]
    jord001 likes this.
  16. Jurien72

So even with it screwed in all the way, you still have full trigger travel? Lol yes, that's not how it's supposed to work. The VSR90 is an out of production airbrush, and I don't have a Talon to compare it to. Seems to me a guy on here got one to work with his Paasche V. Well that sucks!

Did you sell your vintage brushes?
    jord001 likes this.
  17. 2Diverse

2Diverse Double Actioner

I cut the aluminum tubing and nail to a length that made the handle work. The only guess I have is the Talon needle is a lot longer. Why Paasche shows it on the VSR90 is beyond me. It does screw into the brush but it doesn't work as is. I just bought a Model V so I plan to try it on there when it shows up. That should be by the end of this week. I doubt it will make a difference.

I still have the T&Cs. I plan to try to sell them til the end of this week. If they don't sell as a lot I will probably list the two well used lefty's and the one righty without the case. I'll keep the good lefty w/case and the good righty w/case plus all the extras.
    jord001 likes this.
  18. DaveG

Just an FYI, the needle stop on the back of the handle is supposed to hit the back of the needle chuck to stop needle movement. There should be a through hole in the screw to allow the needle to move freely until the chuck buts up against the stop. I have seen these handles mounted on V's without issue. I have one someplace, and will check it tomorrow...
    jord001 and Jurien72 like this.
  19. 2Diverse

2Diverse Double Actioner

Thank you Dave. This is what I've got. The stop is about 1/8th inch too short to touch the needle chuck. I don't see how I can be installing it wrong but if that can be done I know I can do it.

[​IMG]
    jord001 likes this.
  20. DaveG

It could be that the chucking guide, and chuck are an unusual size, as there has been a few over the decades of production on those parts. I will check tomorrow (forgot today) and see what I find.
    jord001 likes this.