Anyone played with this yet....?

Ooo that looks interesting Squish, would it be good as a top coat for our paintings I wonder??

Lee

Not really sure yet Lee. Haven't investigated properly yet. Not much info around at first look, though am designs have a vid ready to go by all accounts. Went the lazy route, and asked here first :D

Cool! I could see a few uses for this.
$250 a gallon for something with industrial gloss level after a cut and buff, it wont be seeing use as a gloss clear for me though. Would probably take a miracle to get me to stop using mathews for that.
I think the guy in the video kind of leaned that way too but he did a clever job of highlighting some strengths and the ways they could be used.

Whats with the whole sun screen resistant thing.... was the old scenix susceptible to sunscreen or something?

Thanks twood. Been missing the live at fives, they finish pretty late here and then I don't want to get up for work. I forget to catch them later, so will give this a watch tomorrow. Watched the other vid, looks like it's not quite as deep and glassy looking as proper 2k, but seems tough as old boots. Wondering how much safer it is to use, noticed Simon was fully suited up, but don't have a space to use 2k anymore, so this might be my alternative.

Ill give a guess as somewhat safer safety wise....
looking at a random 2k clear , butyl acetate is the biggest offender at almost 20% of the ingredient and a 50ppm permittable exposure limit.
Scenix worst ingredient has a 20ppm PEL but its less than 1% of the ingredients
So comparing the biggest dangers youd have to spray about ten times as much scenix to hit similar danger levels.

Definitely not benign but Im guessing its not so bad.

Ill give a guess as somewhat safer safety wise....
looking at a random 2k clear , butyl acetate is the biggest offender at almost 20% of the ingredient and a 50ppm permittable exposure limit.
Scenix worst ingredient has a 20ppm PEL but its less than 1% of the ingredients
So comparing the biggest dangers youd have to spray about ten times as much scenix to hit similar danger levels.

Definitely not benign but Im guessing its not so bad.
Thanks Robby, that's what I was hoping. I'll have to look into it properly, but with some decent precautions was hoping I would be able to use this at home without poisoning friends, family and environment.

Thanks Robby, that's what I was hoping. I'll have to look into it properly, but with some decent precautions was hoping I would be able to use this at home without poisoning friends, family and environment.
No problem....Its just a guess....I know the isocyanates are really what makes 2k super bad for living critters and that doesnt even have a listed PEL.
So hard to tell reality bc of the safety recommendations being pretty much the same for everything from wicked to yellow death primer.
Theres even some argument that some of the newer waterbourne auto paints are more dangerous to the sprayer because its more readily absorbed by us watersacks.
They really need like a 1-5 rating like 1 being dont spray this directly up your nose or sniff the cloud for 10 hours every day and 5 being 10 minutes of this in your garage will send you to the hospital. LOL

They really need like a 1-5 rating like 1 being dont spray this directly up your nose or sniff the cloud for 10 hours every day and 5 being 10 minutes of this in your garage will send you to the hospital. LOL

Ha, ha. Yes! Even my lonely brain cell could cope with that. Should come with warning pictures. Skull = immediate death just from looking in its general direction. Grim Reaper = Still alive, but don't be fooled, death is waiting. Zombie = Technically still alive, but becoming unable to walk without jerking, and noticing an increasing craving for brains. Dracula = you got way to much, you're undead dude. Fluffy bunny = you're ok, though you'll never be the same again, but you're buzzing of your tits, so you don't really care.

Last edited:
Back