Applying Flake

Ttxela

Mac-Valve Maestro!
I've got a little job that calls for some flake.

I've considered the Flake King gun to put on the front of my airbrush but since I have an HVLP gun and some 2k clear sitting around I just ordered flake off ebay to put on wet.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132269753224

This might seem a bit of a jump as I'm still getting the hang of putting ordinary clear on however from watching YT videos I have concluded all one does is bung some flake in while you are mixing your clear and whack it on in the usual fashion for the first coat, then apply top coats of clear to seal it in.

Are there any refinements I'm missing.......?

Yes after you apply any flake you will have to sand it due to not all the flake will lay flat. be it wet or dry ,
Otherwise those little pieces that are standing up will still be there when you clear and can cause the paint job to fail.

Yes after you apply any flake you will have to sand it due to not all the flake will lay flat. be it wet or dry ,
Otherwise those little pieces that are standing up will still be there when you clear and can cause the paint job to fail.

Thanks, I'll be sure to do that!

That’s exactly the conclusion I came to. After trying to clean the flake out of the same gun I used for clear coat I went straight out and got a Flake King Mini LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back