Aztek Airbrush Parts

JerrKat

Young Tutorling
I'm resentlly getting backing into painting and thought I'd try learning Airbrushing while I'm at it. A few years ago I was giving a "Testors" Prof Airbrush Gift set, but now that I'm looking through the set it seems to be missing some pieces.

The paint supplies can be inserted into either side of the airbrush and then a plug is inserted into the other side. I don't have any plugs and can't seem to find a place to purchase replacements. Any suggestions?

I'm also missing the instructions for this set if anyone can point me to a link I would appreciate.

You may find my review of the Aztek of interest. It's probably not the same model, but they are all pretty much alike inside. You might have to contact Testors for that plug unless you can find something else to jam in the hole. There are some operating instructions on this page. Here is another thread that is worth a look.

Don

Yup, Saw your review when searching for parts. looks just like the one I have except the case and color. I have an e-mail into Testors. Thanks for the instructions.

I still have my Aztek from the 80's, still works well but back then there was no help. Not a lot to them to be honest, didn't read any instructions, just winged it at the time. Screw the nozzle in, unscrew and clean when finished. I can say you have to set it with the roller to get it to spray just right and at the time it was a pain but now there's the internet. Here's a vid to show you how to set it up right. As for the blanking peg, just find some plastic of the same diameter, cut a bit off and plug the hole.

EDIT: The Aztek/Testors cups fit directly into the Iwata micron SB so there's no reason why the side feed blanking plug from the Micron SB wouldn't fit the Aztek/Testors

Lee

If you buy a cup, you get a few plugs with it. So just buy the cheapest one and you have a new cup and some plugs.

Tom Nguyen said it's all plastic the paint sticks insides the nozzles and they are clogged very hard to clean.
So I ditched mine at a Rummage sale I bought mine in the early 90s. I loved the weight of it but hated how it clogged all the time.
Just get a decent Badger airbrush and never look back =) I had the one shown in the video above with the cool case. Then I bought the one with the Rubber grip and the grip wasn't good and the nozzle got corode and rusty so I ditched that one too. You will spend tons of money on nozzles wrecking the spring ect.. then what the Aztek is worth.

I'm resentlly getting backing into painting and thought I'd try learning Airbrushing while I'm at it. A few years ago I was giving a "Testors" Prof Airbrush Gift set, but now that I'm looking through the set it seems to be missing some pieces.

The paint supplies can be inserted into either side of the airbrush and then a plug is inserted into the other side. I don't have any plugs and can't seem to find a place to purchase replacements. Any suggestions?

I'm also missing the instructions for this set if anyone can point me to a link I would appreciate.
Have you found some blanking plugs? I have about a dozen I have accumulated over the years, and would be happy to give you a couple...I have copies of the instructions, too...

Tom Nguyen said it's all plastic the paint sticks insides the nozzles and they are clogged very hard to clean.
So I ditched mine at a Rummage sale I bought mine in the early 90s. I loved the weight of it but hated how it clogged all the time.
Just get a decent Badger airbrush and never look back =) I had the one shown in the video above with the cool case. Then I bought the one with the Rubber grip and the grip wasn't good and the nozzle got corode and rusty so I ditched that one too. You will spend tons of money on nozzles wrecking the spring ect.. then what the Aztek is worth.

I never had a problem with mine clogging, but you can take the needle out of the head unit to clean. So no problems.

Lee

Have you found some blanking plugs? I have about a dozen I have accumulated over the years, and would be happy to give you a couple...I have copies of the instructions, too...

Still have got my setup, setup yet. Saving for a spray booth box ventilation setup. Luckily I got an air compressor for the Holidays and an iwati air brush, but that one is right handed or al least the siphon pot is.

No luck on the plugs. I was thinking about try some tacky putty to seal the hole.

I have the little black plugs, they came with a side-cup, didn't know what they were. Are these what you're looking for?
IMG_20190203_130544-01.jpeg

Back