Back at it....

G

Garrett Morse

Hey guys I was on a hiatus from artwork for a few years and now I am looking forward to getting back into it. This time I really want to take it as far as I can. I will also be asking advise for what types of paints and materials to use for wall murals in homes. I started on cars and motorcycles and now that I don't have my shop I want to move over to other canvases. I also want to combine brush painting with airbrushing. Anyway I look forward to it. Talk to you soon.

Hi welcome to the site, and welcome back to the art world. What size/how much fine detail etc will the murals be, will help peeps advise :)
Hi. Am about to do a 18' wall with the Roman depiction of the Creation of Adam. Not to hard. Just need some advice on best paints and colors? Roughly what would some of you charge? I'm actually really excited to do this one. Exactly what I like to do. Lots of meaning behind the painting.
041fc153028d52d80627fc573c1fab7c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hi welcome to the site, and welcome back to the art world. What size/how much fine detail etc will the murals be, will help peeps advise :)
Hi. Am about to do a 18' wall with the Roman depiction of the Creation of Adam. Not to hard. Just need some advice on best paints and colors? Roughly what would some of you charge? I'm actually really excited to do this one. Exactly what I like to do. Lots of meaning behind the painting.
3ee298490be66394e16b4f86de8268cf.jpg

Welcome from Australia,
Where on the Globe do you call home ? If you can add that to your profile it will help people assist with local recommendations etc as not all paints are available everywhere.

Welcome from Australia,
Where on the Globe do you call home ? If you can add that to your profile it will help people assist with local recommendations etc as not all paints are available everywhere.
Hi, I'm in Georgia, America

3ee298490be66394e16b4f86de8268cf.jpg

For this I would work with E’tac Private Stock or Wicked Color. For this particular image I am seeing Yellow Ocher, Raw Umber, Burnt Umber and Cad Red. You can throw a bit of red violet I to the darkest browns. Pricing is always difficult. It is best to ask first what your customers budget is and tell them this is what I can do for that amount. Don’t compromise because it will night you in the but. You will have everyone lowballing you after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://fredaw61.wixsite.com/the-artist
https://www.youtube.com/user/fredaw61

Welcome back! Emulating Michelangelo will be quite an Everest to climb, lots of luck and success with that project. By the way, it’s the first time I realize that the two fingers actually don’t touch (or, not yet)... wasn’t aware of this small detail.

Hi Garrett,

Welcome back to the art. I would have recommended Wicked as well. It can be used on most surfaces. Be sure to post up your progress. I'd like to see how you tackle it.

Hey guys I was on a hiatus from artwork for a few years and now I am looking forward to getting back into it. This time I really want to take it as far as I can. I will also be asking advise for what types of paints and materials to use for wall murals in homes. I started on cars and motorcycles and now that I don't have my shop I want to move over to other canvases. I also want to combine brush painting with airbrushing. Anyway I look forward to it. Talk to you soon.
@Marissa is the one you want to talk to about combining hair brush with airbrush,she's unreal at what she can do with that combo!
Maybe take one of her online courses?it will help you a lot faster then trial and error

I will recommend Wicked as wel, it's lightfast and durable. If using this though do buy the createx 4012 reducer, it does not play well with water. Is the wall pre-prepped? If not and you aren't using a roller, or hairy brush I would consider a mini hvlp. As the detail won't be super fine at that size, you might want to give some thought to a siphon fed brush as they can hold larger amounts of paint?

Back