Bad Needle seat?

Vince Driver

Needle-chuck Ninja
Was working with my Krome a couple days ago and with the cap on the cup, I went to backflush to mix my paint. Guess the air hole was clogged and it blew the cap off,no big deal. When I pulled my needle to clean after I was done, there was paint up to the air valve. Cleaned it up good and when I painted the next night same thing,paint up the needle. Did I blow the needle seat with the pressure? Is it possible that I backflush too much and that's what damaged it or maybe just wore out? Thanks in advance.

The needle packing seal does come out of adjustment . disassemble the airbrush and using a small (eye glass repair) screwdriver slightly tighten the screw . then before you reassemble it make sure you feel some drag on the needle as it passes the point where the needle packing is.

The needle packing seal does come out of adjustment . disassemble the airbrush and using a small (eye glass repair) screwdriver slightly tighten the screw . then before you reassemble it make sure you feel some drag on the needle as it passes the point where the needle packing is.
I did disassemble it last night. Tightened it down and needle would not pass thru. I loosened it back up just a touch and needle sliding with some resistance but I haven't tried to use it yet.

well try and and see , Most of the newer airbrushes use w Teflon bushing which handles a lot of abuse . But if it is still leaking paint into the chamber get in contact with Ken at Badger . He is a great guy to work with .

I bet that fixed it. Definitely the needle packing allowing the paint to pass to the air valve. Although it's an easy fix it's still annoying lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well try and and see , Most of the newer airbrushes use w Teflon bushing which handles a lot of abuse . But if it is still leaking paint into the chamber get in contact with Ken at Badger . He is a great guy to work with .
Sent Ken an email already. Yea he is a great guy. Talked to him when I first got the airbrush. Called Badger with a question and it was Ken who replied back to me.
Gonna try it out tonight and see.

Anyone here know the best place to get Badger parts online. Talked with a guy in service at Badger and he told me it would be faster probably to get my parts from one of their online affiliates.

http://webairbrushes.com/ is Badgers website... You can order from thee and get it just like ordering form anywhere else. You can also look up Coast airbrush, and they too sell parts... The Krome is about the only Badger that has an adjustable needle packing, and it sounds to me like you should have gotten it back to where you need to be. It is possible to damage the packing seal by over-tightening, but that is a pretty rare occasion.

Tried the brush again last night and it didn't seem to be leaking the paint this time. Although I had already placed an order with Coast to get it here. Guess I'll have a spare now.

Back