Badger 105 leak in the air valve body join

Henry Ruiter

Double Actioner
I've got a leak in where the main body of airbrush meets the air valve body I seem to have stopped the majority of the leak with bees wax just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks Henry

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk

If you've had it apart for cleaning then maybe undo it again, give both threads a good clean with a toothbrush / interdental brush and rinse well. You may just have a bit of crud in there if the beeswax hasnt sealed properly.

Are you using actual beeswax or chapstick style beeswax ? Genuine beeswax needs to be gently heated once youve done the thread up

or clean all the beeswax/chapstick off and use a bit of teflon tape (the white thread tape) one or two laps of the thread is normally sufficient

I think may confused you so took a photo so where the arrow on the tape is pointing to where I'm getting the leak from in the join.
222dea550e0f2b9985ccc67c35f8a8d4.jpg

I would say the bees max is chapstick style I think but say on baggaging use to reconditioning leather and polishing woods and I think my mum uses it to clear her boot with.

Thanks Henry

You may also get a hold of Badger due to they have a great warranty.
Granted shipping from where you're located may cost a lot more then just replacing the parts .

The Badger brushes depend on a surface seal in that area. Sealing the threads will not address the actual air leak between the mating surfaces. I have a Spirit that leaks in this area too - all other ones I have been able to cure by using a soft jaw pliers to nudge the air valve just a tad tighter, but the Spirit I have been unable to stop completely. I just accept it is the way the brush works - I do know that if you contact Badger, or perhaps even your local vendor, they will certainly take care of it.

Back