Badger anthem 155 fine

Totalpayne Johnny

Young Tutorling
Hi all I’m new to the forum. I have been airbrushing for a few months and seem to have an issue with my badger anthem airbrush. I have other airbrushes and don’t have this problem with any other airbrush. Anyway with paint thinned lots the badger will clog and bubble in the cup tried different mixtures for thinning and diffferent pressures. I keep the air on
All the time .even when
Trying just cleaner in the brush it will
Plug up. All my other brushes work fine. Any hints?

I have a bit of a trouble shooting session I did with a Patriot Xtreme, and while I know it is different, the steps used would be the same - if you are on FB, you can check it out here - https://www.facebook.com/davegs.airbrush.exploration/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1274780619294190

If you are not on FB, well, bubbles in the cup on this brush are generally from a poor nozzle seal (provided your nozzle is in good shape!). I use wax, or chapstick around the bottom taper of the nozzle prior to inserting it into the brush body. Wipe off any excess before assembling the rest of the head assembly. An air leak here will cause all sorts of headaches...

Thanks I will defiantly try that. I really like airbrushing and am eager to learn. Again thanks so much for the tip
You should head over to the intro section and make a proper introduction, so we will know a bit more about you and what you like to do. Always glad to help!

I have a bit of a trouble shooting session I did with a Patriot Xtreme, and while I know it is different, the steps used would be the same - if you are on FB, you can check it out here - https://www.facebook.com/davegs.airbrush.exploration/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1274780619294190

If you are not on FB, well, bubbles in the cup on this brush are generally from a poor nozzle seal (provided your nozzle is in good shape!). I use wax, or chapstick around the bottom taper of the nozzle prior to inserting it into the brush body. Wipe off any excess before assembling the rest of the head assembly. An air leak here will cause all sorts of headaches...
Thanks Dave G I tried that and it worked like a charm I was beginning to think I was doing something wrong or had big problems with the air brush. I really appreciate the advice and wound up painting a whole session this morning using only the badger. The fine lines were great thanks again so much. Do you think the Thayer and chandlers would benefit from the seal on the tip?

Thanks Dave G I tried that and it worked like a charm I was beginning to think I was doing something wrong or had big problems with the air brush. I really appreciate the advice and wound up painting a whole session this morning using only the badger. The fine lines were great thanks again so much. Do you think the Thayer and chandlers would benefit from the seal on the tip?

Thayer and Chandler, as they are these days, are Thayer and Chandler in name only. The actual construction is the same as Badger, so yeah, the nozzles can benefit from a little wax added to the sealing area. That style of nozzle depends on pressure from the nozzle cap, in conjunction with close machining tolerances to create a seal - much better to add a little wax, than to really crank down on the nozzle cap trying to get a seal. Just re-apply each time you break the brush down. If you are flushing well after use, there is no real reason to keep removing the nozzle each time - it will let you know when it needs a better cleaning ;) once you learn to listen :thumbsup:

Back