Bambi compressor

hmmmm this is interesting.....I was gonna make my own but now ........grrrr I just don't know!

hmmmm this is interesting.....I was gonna make my own but now ........grrrr I just don't know!

Mate it really is worth stretching the beer vouchers to get one, and it will look a lot nicer to the mrs than something made by Wallace and Gromet!! Saying that, I think I would like one made by Wallace.....cracking cheese Gromet:)

Why make one? Buy it, and you're ready to go.....with at least 1 year warranty! And without the hassle of putting one together yourself. Unless you're born with a set of handy hands....and not like me....born with 2 lefty's....lol. Its like driving a brand new sports car and like to be seen in it....and not like driving a used car and everyone looking at you because the smoke development leaving it behind...lol. It costs money to make money....is my opinion. Looks more professional also....once you get people interested in your artworks. Didn't happen to me yet though.....but i have been lacking the past few months. Have to get something done again ( the wife starts to complain i bought so much expensive things and not doing anything with it ).

thats exactly it brother, im not a rich man, new baby etc etc.....£330 is a hell of a lot of money for me, where as I've got a fire extinguisher and a fridge freezer in the garage...I could make it with help from plumber and electrician at work for 50 notes

And all the other parts that have to be on the compressor when building it? You have those lying around also? I mean if you calculate what it costs to get all of those also....it pretty much comes down to the same price....or maybe slightly less expensive....if you ask me. I also have 2 young kids....and i am no millionaire either. But i see it as an investment....in my future. LOL....i have to save up for 5 years to go on a holiday even. But...in the end, its all going to be a thing you personally have to decide ( with the approval of the misses ).

Last edited by a moderator:
boom there you go brother.....those last 6 words say it all......damn women!

If you can just hang in there mate and wait a little longer till you enough dosh, I use mine not ten feet away from my little babe in another room, it's quiet, clean and looks quite sexy for a compressor...best bit of kit I invested in. Once you start selling a few pics it will be paid for in no time.....after you spend the first cheque on the mrs;)

I wish we got those here in South Africa. Even at that price it is a bargain compared to what we have. Shipping will kill the price for us.

Hi all,

What to do think of the Bambi compressors?

I have just managed to "Aquire" one through a friend. It seems that cinema's used to use compressors to create a cushion of air around the gate of the projector to stop the film being scratched. Now they are going digital and have been putting digital projectors in, these baby's have been going in the skip!

The model I have aquired is a one year old Bambi MD75/150. This comp seems to be in the professional range and has a 15 lire tank and pumps out 2.75 cfm. I did a quick check of the retail price new and I S**t a brick!! (They are super expensive @£680 and im not sure if this includes VAT).

However my friend has managed to loose the air filter and half of the oil out of it so it will need topping up and a new airfilter fitting. Plus I have just been informed that he has lost the star washers that keep the wheels on! Shheeesh ... I'm I expecting to much for nothing!

MD-75-150-135x150.jpg

Still ... I'm so lazy I havent been round to pick it up yet!

has he got any more??? if not i could do with a new hd telly hahahah..... tell you what though you have done well there buddy....

Ad Fez, All I can say is it is a very well known one in the UK with a number of cinema's up and down the country. He is quite high up in the company and dont know what strings he pulled to get it so I better not say too much.

Anyway the story goes ... I got talking to a mate of mine about quiet air compressors after my old one decided to scare the S**t out of me by rupturing the feed pipe (homemade with a fridge compressor ... Hot air/plastic pneumatic pipe and a fridge compressor spewing oil into the handle come 0.5 litre tank and clogging up the saftey value ... BANG!). During the conversation he mentioned that they hade been rolling out digital projectors for the last year or so and the old compressors had been getting scrapped. He mentioned the brand and asked if it would be good for airbrushing ... of course I offered to do sexual favours :playful: for such a piece of kit ... thankfully he declined! About two months later he rang me to tell me he had the compressor ... i had forgot all about the conversation by that point... 1 year old, all the way from somewhere in scotland. Not sure if the rollout is complete yet ... could ask next time I see him.

As for the HD telly .... any room for a 720 inch screen in your front room :wink-new:

I would have been all over that compressor like a bad rash. You can't let this get away even if you have to spend £100 to get it back up and running.

You fell on your feet for the bambi, the spilled oil wont cost you more than £4 to replace even with the extortionate price of £15 a litre.
The 75/150 has a displacement of 2.75cfm, with typical working pressures it`ll be a tad less than 2cfm. Cant look a gift horse in the mouth though ;)

still loving it? imo it's really not normal to see that almost 90% of air compressor are junk without oil.noisier ,less powerful ,don't last long etc.i would gladly get one with oil but there is just 2 or 3 model and still read that the filter don't deliver air without oil bs or fact ? .maybe oilless compressor are more popular because changing oil one time per year is hell of a job lol