BB 24V silent air compressor

No probs habs! :)... I know you were not saying it was crap... I was just reassuring myself that it was definitely a good product.
Cheers

Good for you & remember, don't stop till you get proper satisfaction. You paid a lot of coin for it, they need to make it right.
best of luck & let us know how it works out.

Good luck with it, don't let them fob you off. You should be in love with that compressor, it's a shame it's not right.

Hi Polybuilder.....I posted a very similar subject recently.....have the same compressor......can I ask how your draining it and how much residue you are seeing from the tank over what period.....presume you have oil collecting in your fixed and inline moisture traps also?

Hi jays... yes... I'e been getting oil every where from the second week of getting my bambi... I drained it and it was ridiculous amount of oil in it... about the same in the photos you post if not a bit more... I couldn't believe it to be honest...

To clean it I need to only slightly tilt the bambi as the drain is on the bottom of the 24v... I think it is a brillant compressor... lots of control and very quiet... but I wouldn't recommend it for airbrushing... even though the company recommend that model to me...

Ive done 1 harley and almost finished a guitar in almost a full year... lol

Cheers
James

Right... I've just got off the phone to rheological and the guy there has told me that there is a coalescer needed to get rid of any oil especially if you are using it for airbrushing... they have one.. just over 100 sterling... I can get them here for about 150 euro... so it would work out about the same when delivery is taken into account... expensive little buggers... so I'm gonna give that a shot see how it fairs out after that
Cheers
James

I would go to Bambi direct, tell them where you got it, what you want to use it for, that they recommended this model to you, and the issues you have. Then ask them if you need the extra part, and if so why didn't the company tell you that when you bought it. It seems to me that not only have you not got the best service from these guys, but that they are now trying to squeeze more money out of you. If they knew you needed this part to airbrush they should have told you before you purchased the compressor. Bambi are a well known and respected company and I'm sure they want you to have the best service, so worth getting in touch I think.

Sounds like your having the same issues I have been having ...can you post a link to the coalescer your buying fella? May now do the same .....kind of "all in" with this compressor at 360 quid. Obv worth making sure folks looking to buy this are aware of our issues as this is recommended as the one to have for silent airbrushing...even on Airbrush Tutor.

All the best

jays

@Squishy....I went straight to Bambi last week and explained the problem. Was told as this is considered the lower budget range ...360 quid...yikes....and that due to lack of seals etc in this range ... oil is expected and regular draining was the answer along with moisture traps.....I now have 3 ...though oil is reduced after draining the tank...prob end up doing more maintainence and draining than airbrushing :)

I was in the process of saving up for a Bambi, but I think I'll stick with my cheap oil-less, sounds like too much work for a lazy bastard like me, lol

@Squishy....I went straight to Bambi last week and explained the problem. Was told as this is considered the lower budget range ...360 quid...yikes....and that due to lack of seals etc in this range ... oil is expected and regular draining was the answer along with moisture traps.....I now have 3 ...though oil is reduced after draining the tank...prob end up doing more maintainence and draining than airbrushing :)
Did you tell them that this is what the store recommended you use for airbrushing though? If oil is expected at this price range (and by the way YIKES!!!! low budget!!!!!!) then there's no way their retail outlets/agents etc should be recommending it for airbrushing, and you bought under false information. If oil is expected, and to be able to airbrush you need a coelsescer, then this should be made clear at the time of purchase, when you tell them what you will be using it for. Otherwise they are selling you something that is not fit for purpose. They are definately in the wrong. Maybe try talking to them again, and politely suggesting (you gotta do the suck up thing to keep them onside etc) you believe you were miss-sold this product, and while £360 is low end to them, is a lot of money to you, and as a good will gesture maybe they could make the product usable by giving you the coelescer. (Or at the very least a very sizeable discount), or replace it with something that is suitable. You could also add very nicely, that you would be happy to tell the airbrush forums you belong to, the great service you received, (veiled threat meaning that if they don't do something they will be slated, and as Madbrush shows, will lose them business) and what a great product it is once you add the coelescer, or how wonderful the replacement is. It can't hurt to try.

Regular maintenance is always a good thing, but the product still has to be useable or it just becomes an expensive ornament. Hope they sort something out for you.

I would be spitting chips right now, you must be so hacked off. If the nice approach doesn't work, I would then go to the next level, and try an ombudsman and/or citizens advice https://www.gov.uk/consumer-protection-rights. But then I am a bit of a nightmare Lol.

I mentioned here a long time that I studied law, when I did that I focused my attention on employment law, human rights and consumer protection.

I can tell you that you are protected under the "Supply of goods and services act 1982" this is an amendment to the previous sale of goods act from 1979, under the provisions of this act the goods must be fit for the purpose for which they were sold, the goods must have been sold by a recognised dealer who's business it is to sell such items and the fault must arise within a reasonable time, the only events that cancel these provisions out are that the goods must not have been inspected by the purchaser and not bought by an expert with the intention of resale.

1) the goods must be fit for the purpose, in both your cases that is clearly not the case.
2) The goods must have been sold by a recognised dealer, again this condition is satisfied.
3) the fault must arise within a reasonable time, any court of law would consider 2 weeks reasonable however, one year from the date of purchase is considered reasonable at law
4) the goods must not have been inspected by the purchaser, assuming you both bought the goods on-line you would have had no chance to do that.

What this means is that if your location is governed under British law you are entitled to either a replacement which is fit for the purpose to like value or a full refund, if you can prove that damage ensued as a result of goods being faulty you may in some cases be entitled to compensation.

Note that these provisions are not dependant on any warranty or guarantee, as long a you have had the goods for less than a year you need either, this act or should I say the 1982 amendment was designed to protect consumers not just against sale of goods but services too, and it also covers second hand goods if sold by a professional who's business that is to sell such goods.

Do as Squishy says and exercise your rights.

Im running a bambi at the moment though im not sure what model it is. I can say I have had no problems at all with it except for the odd air leak due to loose fittings. It sounds to me that if you are getting that much oil in the airline, there must be a fault and too much oil is seeping from the compressor into the air reciever, oil level must be going down at a rate of knots.
ie not fit for purpose, in fact any air tool does not rely on oil in the air line, they are oiled externally using the correct type of lubricant.
Cheers
Iv

Maybe there is a broblem... maybe not... but the way it is now I'm doing more maintenance than actual airbrushing so that ain't good...
I'm not gonna chance the oil coalescor as I believe there is still gonna be a certain amount of oil getting through.

I think I'm gonna sell this on and gather the extra cash for a good oiless compressor... then I won't have to worry about it again...

James

Maybe there is a broblem... maybe not... but the way it is now I'm doing more maintenance than actual airbrushing so that ain't good...
I'm not gonna chance the oil coalescor as I believe there is still gonna be a certain amount of oil getting through.

I think I'm gonna sell this on and gather the extra cash for a good oiless compressor... then I won't have to worry about it again...

James

Why not fight for your rights as a consumer, Bambi and the idiots who advised you to buy this particular model are totally at fault here, you've heard from others who have the same compressor but are not having these problem, that's evidence enough that it isn't normal, if it had cost you about forty dollars I'de say put it down to experience, but you paid in my opinion a ridiculously high price for what is essentially useless, Bambi make an oil-less compressor around the same price range, demand a replacement with delivery and collection at their cost, make photos and/or a video of what your having to put up with and tell them "I want satisfaction or this goes viral", you'll be amazed what the bastards will do to protect their so called good image.

I really don't mean any disrespect here and I seriously want a solution for you, but it hurts me to think you would sell a "Problem" to someone else, I personally couldn't do that, I would never sleep again knowing that someone else was putting up with what started out as my grief, in this world we are constantly being screwed by all the big companies who don't give a toss about the consumer so I wouldn't help Bambi and idiots like them to further their cause and pound the average consumer even more, we pride ourselves here on helping each other not just to become better at what we do, but to protect each other against tragedies such as this.

The ball is at your foot now, kick it and be amazed how far it will go when your angry enough.

@Madbrush well said mate.
@polybuilder I agree with Madbrush because I was also troubled by the idea of you selling a problem compressor on to someone else too. I feel for your situation, it really totally sucks!! and I agree that you should go back to Bambi and complain even though that's a hassel. Just don't pass the buck to someone else OK?