Be gentle, first piccys

Until jord pointed it out, I thought you did that on purpose. Happy accidents, right? :D

Still, a nice looking piece of work! I recognized her as well. I'm also a fan of throwing a little color (eye, lips) into an otherwise monochrome work. Not sure why, it just grabs me. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the brain processes things visually.

As for critique, the lines on the back of the hand are pretty sharp compared to the rest of the painting. I'm assuming most of the painting was done using stencils, but that part stands out. Otherwise, it looks good! Keep plugging away! :thumbsup:

Until jord pointed it out, I thought you did that on purpose. Happy accidents, right? :D

Still, a nice looking piece of work! I recognized her as well. I'm also a fan of throwing a little color (eye, lips) into an otherwise monochrome work. Not sure why, it just grabs me. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how the brain processes things visually.

As for critique, the lines on the back of the hand are pretty sharp compared to the rest of the painting. I'm assuming most of the painting was done using stencils, but that part stands out. Otherwise, it looks good! Keep plugging away! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the critique, I hadn't noticed the sharpness of the back of the hand until you pointed it out and I had tried to soften the outline elsewhere and I'd obviously just missed that. I'm really pleased with some/most of the values in the face and the background. I think I've done quite a good job of getting the focus/out of focus of the original photo, bearing in mind this is only the fourth attempt at a real picture!)

I can't post my ref but it's here at the top of this article:
https://sciencefiction.com/wp-conte...Blood-Wars-Kate-Beckinsale-as-Selene.jpg.webp

I'm still enjoying just practicing basics - dots, daggers, shading etc. I did a cool eye from a youtube tuition video.
I'm just enjoying the learning process.
Thanks for the comments.

I thought that grain was intentionally done as rain also...I still have that mindset even after knowing. It is a great painting being only your 4th and really shows your talent and ambition.
If you would put a slight shadow behind the hand, it would give a contrast and then you do not have to over work the white. Wow....I learned that here when I started out....cool....
Cheers

I recommend posterboard, its easy to scratch with a razor blade for thin hairs. I dont like those types of paper your using cause they soak up the paint in my experience. Keep painting, airbrushing takes alot of practice and patience.

Back