Beeswax

Mat

Double Actioner
Hi all I was wondering what type of beeswax it is that is used for sealing threads etc on Badger AB's as after cleaning my krome out it has started leaking air from behind the Regulator Guard ;) Is there a specific that that Badger use ?? Any help or advice will be very much appreciated

Cheers for your time........Mat ;)

I just go to the local bee keeper and buy a 1 inch square of fresh bees wax , Some use teflon thread tape too.
But most local sewing store sell bees wax for waxing strings.

Cheers Herb I wasn't sure if it was the rally hard stuff or some thing softer lol ;)

I just go to the local bee keeper and buy a 1 inch square of fresh bees wax , Some use teflon thread tape too.
But most local sewing store sell bees wax for waxing strings.

I don't think so all I did was empty my black then proceeded to clean the cup and flush it through with cleaner etc and as I was just brushing the crown cap I noticed a few bubbles So I took out the needle then unscrewed the Regulator guard and the hold down ring came undone also ???? there wasn't any seals or anything on either side the tip was still in place so I am assuming that they seal it with beeswax as well and after screwing it back together it now sits a fraction further round than it did so again.....hopefully I am assuming that the beeswax has just washed away with cleaning ????? To be honest Squishy I haven't a ruddy clue ;(

I have sent Barwell Bodyshop an email as that's where Jeanette got it from I am completely at a loss as to what's wrong..Oh I forgot to say when I first undid the Regulator Guard that's the first time I had touched the front end..It was as it came to me from Badger (as I was scared of it) lol ;)...so again I am hoping it is just something that simple I don't want to send Badger an Email till I have heard from Barwell, as I don't want to go stepping on anybody's toes if you know what I mean lol but If anyone has come across this as well I'd be very very grateful if they could let me know that's it's not a big deal as I am pretty worried at the mo ;(

It's was a big spend on the kids and Jeanette's half and I don't want it to go pear shaped ;( So here's hoping it's just a case of popping a little beeswax on the threads ;) but I don't want to do anything till I have something concrete from someone on here of from Barwell etc,but thank's to you and Herb for taking the time out of your weekend to reply ;)

Just wondering, you haven't lost or damaged any O rings have you?

Sorry Herb I meant to ask have you come across this problem pal as I think I remember you saying you had a Krome ;) I'm actually bricking it at the moment as I don't know what's really going to put it right I am just asking what may help it if ti is just as simple as popping some BW on the threads ;)

Mat, another option for sealing the threads is to go to a hardware store and buy a toilet sealing ring. They are made of softish wax. It will cost you around $2-$3.
Thats what I use. one ring will last you at least 10 life times. LOL.

Cheers Bill I will have a look at one tomorrow ;) Thank's for your help pal ;)

Mat, another option for sealing the threads is to go to a hardware store and buy a toilet sealing ring. They are made of softish wax. It will cost you around $2-$3.
Thats what I use. one ring will last you at least 10 life times. LOL.

I started using Teflon thread sealant paste instead of bees wax or teflon tape. It's easier to apply than teflon tape and doesn't wash away like bees wax. You can get Teflon pipe sealant compound in any hardware store.

I don't think so all I did was empty my black then proceeded to clean the cup and flush it through with cleaner etc and as I was just brushing the crown cap I noticed a few bubbles So I took out the needle then unscrewed the Regulator guard and the hold down ring came undone also ???? there wasn't any seals or anything on either side the tip was still in place so I am assuming that they seal it with beeswax as well and after screwing it back together it now sits a fraction further round than it did so again.....hopefully I am assuming that the beeswax has just washed away with cleaning ????? To be honest Squishy I haven't a ruddy clue ;(

I have sent Barwell Bodyshop an email as that's where Jeanette got it from I am completely at a loss as to what's wrong..Oh I forgot to say when I first undid the Regulator Guard that's the first time I had touched the front end..It was as it came to me from Badger (as I was scared of it) lol ;)...so again I am hoping it is just something that simple I don't want to send Badger an Email till I have heard from Barwell, as I don't want to go stepping on anybody's toes if you know what I mean lol but If anyone has come across this as well I'd be very very grateful if they could let me know that's it's not a big deal as I am pretty worried at the mo ;(

It's was a big spend on the kids and Jeanette's half and I don't want it to go pear shaped ;( So here's hoping it's just a case of popping a little beeswax on the threads ;) but I don't want to do anything till I have something concrete from someone on here of from Barwell etc,but thank's to you and Herb for taking the time out of your weekend to reply ;)

Ah well, just a thought. I haven't got a Krome so not familiar with it, and it just seemed odd that it was playing up as it's a new shiny thing. I don't know if Ken's about, maybe you could try sending him a PM. Seamonkey is in love with his Krome so I'm sure he's experienced in stripping it down and fiddling with it's internals. Herb, of course is a gentleman, but I'm sure he has his ways. Hope someone can sort this out for you, specially as it was a pressie. In the meantime if beeswax is a pain to get, you might try Vaseline. I'm sure I read somewhere that people have used it as a sealer.

Plain old Chapstick works very well. You have to re-apply when it washes out but mine has been going for months and no leaks.

Back