Bent Needle?

S

Snorider

Hello folks. I bought this airbrush off Ebay and was suppose to be in mint condition. When I pulled it out of the case the back end of the needle appeared to be bent. Not drastically bent but the end would be off centered. Is this an issue?

I tried to upload a picture but cant seem to get one small enough.

Being it is on the back end the main issue I can see happening is it sticking when you pull it back for paint.
You can try to straighten it by placing it between two piece of either wood or metal in a vise and slowly turn it to get it back straight.
Or just buy a new needle

If its just the back you can leave it as it won't effect the airbrush if it in the front you can try to straighten it out but i would just replace it

looks like they had the handle off and dropped it.
Depending on what the brush is, I'd probably just buy a new needle but check the nozzle incase the needle also got pushed forward and split the nozzle.

Awesome thanks guys.. yeah it is an evolution. Where is the best place for a guy to pick up a needle? Just Amazon? I'll try to pull it apart and see if there is more damage. Sure is a lot of crap in the air port.

So I took off the needle securing nut... how difficult should it be to pull the needle out?

The needle looks straight except the slight bend at the end. I cant get the needle out of the nozzle.

Attachments

• 20181102_095117.jpg
    20181102_095117.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 30
I think the nozzle looks fine...would I see a visual crack in the tip of the nozzle if it was split or do i need like a magnifying glass? The tip of the needle looks fine too. I meant to say the pai t port has a lot of crap in it not the air port. What do you guys use as a cleaning agent? Looks like I should completely disassemble and clean. Do you guys know if there is something on the model that isn't suppose to be disassembled? The instruction book doesn't have complete disassembly procedure.

Back