For Every Airbrush Artist!

Want to see more forum, less google ads ? Then register for free

Register

Best airbrush ever?

Discussion in 'Airbrushes' started by Random, Dec 5, 2018.

1. markjthomson

markjthomson AKA QuickDraw and very happy #nobrushleftbehind Staff Member Admin SuperMod

No... you picked it pretty right... I was getting close to playing the troll card...
    Robbyrockett2 likes this.
  2. Robbyrockett2

Robbyrockett2 Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

Yeah, I got that feeling a long while ago. Though, it has been somewhat reenforced by the things the OP chose to respond to.
    Ignoring each post that gave solutions, like @Ronald art 's suggestion of contacting lion-art about a .1 micron conversion or finding an old Fischer. Hebonly seems totwant to keep bringing up this one stupid brush but ...benefit if the doubt I guess.

@twood , in this thread he does mention he uses several iwatas currently with an hpc+ with some sort of .18 conversion being his favorite and that his goal is to write four letters in a millimeter like poul claims ( although all you see in the picture is a dot that supposedly says poul with some guy pretending to paint but holding the brush in a way that's obvious he's not actually operating it).
    I could certainly see why you wouldn't read everything in this thread to the letter though.....

I really think Poul started out with some false assumptions , intended to make something cool, realized it would never work but has been riding out the idea ever since because it brought attention to his site and art and it probably makes him money without ever going to the trouble of having a real , working product.
    markjthomson likes this.
  3. huskystafford

huskystafford Needle chucking Ninja Staff Member Admin Mod Very Likeable!

I wonted to stay out of this thread, cause this one is the weirdest of this week...

But just wondering. Is this physically possible?
    Screenshot-2018-12-11 Airbrush Prototype 0 07 mm Induction System ® - YouTube.png
    doc1 likes this.
  4. markjthomson

markjthomson AKA QuickDraw and very happy #nobrushleftbehind Staff Member Admin SuperMod

It is with CGI... or a different shaped air cap, big spray guns do that sort of thing all the time.
    huskystafford likes this.
  5. Robbyrockett2

That's the picture I was talking about. It's actually the picture on the left, with out "induction" that is physically impossible.

Ever seen your spray pattern jump off the needle less than halfway down it at a 40deg angle?
  6. huskystafford

I have eye doctor today, so I can get prescription glasses. So I will answer this question in few days :D
  7. Robbyrockett2

Ok, ever had your brush spraying a 13mm wide pattern only 13mm from the surface ? :)

With the needle still sticking out , to boot.

Some where between those two pics is closer to reality for a normal brush, though it never really suddenly curves like that.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  8. huskystafford

I think this is not possible,even with my big eclipse -.- Am I missing something here? Is there a joke on me ? :D
  9. Robbyrockett2

lol not on you. The whole thing is a joke.
  10. huskystafford

oh damn I think I got it. In my defence, its 7:30am I am making a coffee, before I go to the eye doctor. There is a needle on the left picture :D
  11. huskystafford

So basically we got a photoshoper, which never holded an airbrush in his hands. Am I right or am I right? lol
    markjthomson and Robbyrockett2 like this.
  12. Robbyrockett2

Well, I don't doubt poul airbrushes.
    But basically he photoshopped a bunch of crap six years ago about a brush he's supposed to be selling, says there's another version every couple years and never sells it.
    markjthomson and huskystafford like this.
  13. huskystafford

the curve was the weird part for me. I didn't even noticed the needle on the left picture shame on me. That whole picture is hocus pocus...
  14. huskystafford

I doubt paul was doing photoshop, maybe I am wrong...
  15. Robbyrockett2

All I know is it's the closest thing to an airbrush hoax I've ever seen. Plenty have made false claims ( on purpose or by mistake), none this elaborate nor dragging on this long that I know of.
  16. markjthomson

This subject first turned up in a thread here in 2013... same video records... nothing new since then...
    Robbyrockett2 and huskystafford like this.
  17. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Very Likeable!

Hilarious indeed, I had a response to this all written out but in the interests of self preservation (read, avoiding a ban) I thought the better of it, however, I will say the choice of the username "RANDOM" was the red flag for me from the start, like "random clueless dude" or "random troller", serious or not there is defintely some kind of obsession with a mythical entity that just couldn't work in the real world.

I know that Zolt was testing a o.o7 nozzle about 7 years ago, there was even mention of one the biggest paint companies in Amsterdam creating paints to go through but it never came to fruition for obvious reasons, even if it were possible such a tool would only be fit for very special hands which I doubt describes "random delusional dude".

But, like Squishy, 10 out of 10 for the entertainment factor of this thread, it's always cool to have something fun to do when there's bugger all good on the telly:thumbsup:

I believe it was our Ad Fez who first informed us of Zolt's trials with the 0.07 nozzle and if I remember correctly it was intended for no less than a Custom Micron.

Since I enjoy a challenge I might just hunt down this mythical brush and use it with standard Createx:thumbsup:
    doc1 and Ronald art like this.
  18. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

@Robbyrockett2 like I stated before in this thread the 0.1 micron conversion failed and doesnt work but he ho if he wants a airbrush that wont spray let him try to get one that actually was made , tested and failed
  19. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Very Likeable!

I should probably also point out that if you are using an brush with say a o.2 set-up as I generally do, we generally pull back for paint and when we do we will pull back less for detail, obviously if you pull back less the aperture created is less than it would be fully open, so if you pull back 1/3 for paint with a nozzle that is o.2 fully open it is going to be around the 0.07 mark, the mix we use will naturally determine how long we can actually enjoy a constsnt spray with the trigger held in that postion which most of the time isn't very long before blockage occurs, that fact in itself is what makes the trigger limiter pretty useless, so in a nutshell a 0.07 pattern is possible even with 0.5 brush, but as mentioned by the non delusional members, it will depend on the skills (or lack of them) of the user, if you come across a brush that will give you a 0.07 pattern or line without at least some skill, you've more than likely not got brush at all but in fact a magic wand, which strangely enough, also doesn't existo_O
  20. TBurns

TBurns Double Actioner

Reminds me of this (and approximately as reasonable in tone):
    [​IMG]
    markjthomson, DaveG and Robbyrockett2 like this.