Best type of setup for miniatures

M

Magickalhack

As the subject says, I am looking to find the optimal setup for painting minis. I am sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

Currently I have a badger 150-4 with a 1/10 hp paasch compressor. All of this is old and I got it used, and I would like to get something well, actually new. Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

"optimal" is a pretty tricky word when it comes to airbrushing. Looking at what you have, my suggestion would be to look into a new compressor to begin with. The 150 with a fine set up installed can be pretty competent - so, that might be able to wait. You are gonna be better off with a compressor that has a tank - this will aid your ability to do fine detail by helping to eliminate any pulsing to the spray pattern caused by the small compressor. There are some compressors kind of like the one you have, that also feed into a tank, but I would suggest looking for something a bit more robust - the smaller ones can over heat and create more issues. There are quite a few these days sold through the like of home improvement stores that are both affordable, and relatively quite. 2 to 4 gallons would be great.

Compressor taken care of, if you are familiar with the feel of the Badger, you may consider something like the Sotar. Beyond that, there is a BUNCH of good brushes. Which one is gonna be "optimal" for you is really gonna be a wild guess. So much comes down to personal preference when it comes to a good detail brush.

Last edited:
Back