Better Late than never

jord001

Air-Valve Autobot!
Well, I had either totally avoided or just plain forgot to do an intro but now one of our newest members has got us to revisit our intros I realised that I actually didn't do one.

So here we go

I have always been one for drawing and painting, anything arty in general.
In the early 80's I got into Motorbikes and brought a Yamaha RD200 off a mate. It had been resprayed by another mate who had owned it previously. I liked the fade of the Yamaha speed blocks on the tank and the fact that it was different to anything you could buy. My mate Alan was always painting his bike or making things for it out of fibreglass. Talented fellow! I was interested in how he had painted the Yamaha.

After a bit of pestering he invited me to see how it was done. I was introduced to an airbrush (Badger single action) and what it did, I had never seen one, he also used a super 63. After I saw it being used I knew it was something I wanted to try. I already had a compressor so after saving for weeks I got an Aztek 3000. It was £110 on special offer, which was quite a lot of money then.

After watching my mate paint stuff, and him showing me how to mask etc, I started practicing myself over a few weeks on an old crash helmet with car spray paint decanted to the airbrush. I brought some badger air-tex fabric paint and sprayed my 1st tshirt, It came out well.

That was around the end of 1986, start of 1987. After that I painted my Alien themed helmet, and sprayed a few for others. I carried on from there learning from my mate as he had some great skills, There was no internet back then, so apart from my mate, I learned from pictures in old hotrod mags and plain old experimentation.

Over the years I added to my gear and progressed with my skills to a reasonable level. The internet had arrived by then, mid 90's I think. in the late 90's due to circumstances I didn't paint for a few years and got broadband when I moved in to where I live now. I was able to set up again so joined a few forums in the early 2000's, again, kept adding to my kit and did lots of practicing and in 2012 I joined here. I did a few classes that year too with Marissa and Mick Neill (great confidence and skill boost) then I became really ill in 2013 so had to stop everything for a while. Carried on once I was well enough

The other forums died off or went to Facebook but this one survived due to the great members, and I liked it here so gradually became more active, and here I am still.

Thinking more about it while I wrote this, plus knowing when my first post was, I think the reason I didn't do an intro originally was because I'm quite shy and was more of a lurker back then plus I wasn't really painting much.

So there you have it.

I'm here to stay and I'm a little more interactive these days.

Take care everyone.

Jord

Welcome to the mad house Lee :) I had to do 2 introductions :D the first was when I joined this forum under a other name but dont bother looking for it as it has been removed on my request and the second when I joined under my own name

Welcome home :) lol

I think a lot of us suffered bad health 2012 / 2013 !

attention all lurkers, I don't care if you are shy, do an intro at least !

Welcome aboard Jord. I do so hope you enjoy your stay.
Just to let you know a little bit about us. We are a group of dedicated artists, who take airbrushing super seriously. You will find no lewd or lascivious behaviour here, (and nor is it wanted) no frivololity, crassness or unseemly commenting. No pointless taking control of another's thread to discuss meaningless triviality. And no suggestive or improper conversation of any kind.
What you have here my new friend, is a group of staunch advocates of all things airbrush, by those who's minds refused to be unsullied by inappropriate jollity, and are determined to stay the course, on the path of the righteous. In the fierce endeavour to strive for transcendent perfectionism, to attain the highest plains of self expression through manipulation of air, we choose to dedicate ourselves to our art. We take it upon ourselves to give testimony, and bear witness to the majesty of the flow of the airbrush, and minister our teachings to the unfortunate, but soon to be enlightened newbie, whose salvation is but a nozzle away.

Yeah..... And monkeys might fly outta my butt.

Just to let you know a little bit about us. We are a group of dedicated artists, who take airbrushing super seriously. You will find no lewd or lascivious behaviour here, (and nor is it wanted) no frivololity, crassness or unseemly commenting. No pointless taking control of another's thread to discuss meaningless triviality. And no suggestive or improper conversation of any kind.
What you have here my new friend, is a group of staunch advocates of all things airbrush, by those who's minds refused to be unsullied by inappropriate jollity, and are determined to stay the course, on the path of the righteous. In the fierce endeavour to strive for transcendent perfectionism, to attain the highest plains of self expression through manipulation of air, we choose to dedicate ourselves to our art. We take it upon ourselves to give testimony, and bear witness to the majesty of the flow of the airbrush, and minister our teachings to the unfortunate, but soon to be enlightened newbie, whose salvation is but a nozzle away.

Damn, girl. If you were able to type all of that with a straight face, you should consider running for office! lol

I should be going to bed but had to read this when I saw that Squish had commented. <3 Squish I was only just thinking to myself "I haven't seen our Squish about" I was going to msg you to make sure you were ok. but now I'm not as you are obviously ok just not in the head. xx

...you missed the drgaons...

Just to let you know a little bit about us. We are a group of dedicated artists, who take airbrushing super seriously. You will find no lewd or lascivious behaviour here, (and nor is it wanted) no frivololity, crassness or unseemly commenting.

I'll have whatever @Squishy is smokin' :D

LOL! Excellent work Squishy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back