Bianca Part 1 - tips for planning your artwork

airbrushtutor

Love Spreading Overseer
This is the first in a 6 or 7 part series, they're by no means an in depth tutorial on how to do they image, it's simply a bit of a follow along with some helpful tips along the way, the focus is on colours:) enjoy!

[video=youtube;63l82yohNGk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63l82yohNGk[/video]

Just watched it and can't wait for the next part
Already learn't so much of all these videos!
Going to watch some more! ;)

Excellent !!!!

How you reconstruct the the color after you match it to mix a large amount ? are you taking note of every color drop that you add to the mixing ?

So you say 16 odd attempts to get the colour.... do you meen 16 sprays or do you completely start over in a " ah fudge it" skiing the whole thing across the room kinda style

Excellent !!!!

How you reconstruct the the color after you match it to mix a large amount ? are you taking note of every color drop that you add to the mixing ?

No, this just means that you have a mental note of what colors have been added.. i'll generally use the primary colors and sepia + white - the more you mix the SAME color, the better feel you get for what color to add next. If you match it early, it's a bit of bad luck, because you will have to add more - but you'll find you have an accurate estimate of how much of which colors to add!

So you say 16 odd attempts to get the colour.... do you meen 16 sprays or do you completely start over in a " ah fudge it" skiing the whole thing across the room kinda style
17 test sprays!! No i didn't start again with this color - you just start slow and if it's a light skin tone, then you lightly build it up to the tone, don't try to get it all first go because it's alot harder to lighten paints than it is to darken them!

skiing the whole thing....wtf I meant fling. .. I'm just inventing language all over the place..... ya heard!

Some great info in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the video!

I get the theory of colour mixing, the real had part is to tell if its to orange, green red ..... so any tips on that would make my live easier.

think I'll begin my portrait and go along with the tutorial so paint mixing it is.

Thanks Mitch. You've made me feel much better about colour mixing, as I thought everyone could just do it, while it takes me forever. I guess it's one of things you develop a feel for, the more you do it the more you instinctively know what you need to add to get it right.

Bianca Part 2!

Just more on the color mixing side of things - i found this one quite boring to watch to be honest. some good content though, since we're being honest.

[video=youtube;q60GQLQvlr4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q60GQLQvlr4[/video]

Bianca Part 3!

Starting to build up the hair, shows the use of frisket and the way you can use it to achieve the same results in a different way. like laying down a color, masking over it and then laying down another color, removing the frisket and Wam Bam, there's your original color.
Science.

[video=youtube;kl_DkB_43No]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl_DkB_43No[/video]

Hey Mitch, that first red you put down, is proper bright red, is it an opaque?? Out of the bottle, or did you mix it? Great vids as usual. My fave phrase so far has to be piss it in LOL!!!!

Just more on the color mixing side of things - i found this one quite boring to watch to be honest. some good content though, since we're being honest.

[video=youtube;q60GQLQvlr4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q60GQLQvlr4[/video]
fezlaaaaaaaaaaay there I am hehe love you too Mitchell x

So I noticed in you did the hair on the right first then frisked, then black. But on the right you frisked ,did the black first then hair. Which seems to be the better method?

Back