Brand new airbrush sotar 20/20 not working

Shliosas

Young Tutorling
I have many airbrush guns, nonames ones, iwata, H&S infinity, Creos airbrush etc never had any problems... but badger is so full of features and invocations that it doesn't even spray water or cleaning solution from the box... i tried everything cleaning soaking ultrasonic etc (its going to trash can)

I'm unsure of how the sotars a made, I gave mine to a friend who was after one so I just cant remember. Has it got a front end that unscrews? If it has it may be too tightly screwed in. I have an old Thayer & Chandler that wouldn't work and I was told to uncrew the head a little and it started working. If not I hope our resident airbrush Guru @DaveG may pop in to visit and help you out. Failing all that it may be a call to Badger to see if they can help.

Lee

They are pretty simple, but I get the impression that the experience has turned you off to the brush. It happens :mad:

I'm unsure of how the sotars a made, I gave mine to a friend who was after one so I just cant remember. Has it got a front end that unscrews? If it has it may be too tightly screwed in. I have an old Thayer & Chandler that wouldn't work and I was told to uncrew the head a little and it started working. If not I hope our resident airbrush Guru @DaveG may pop in to visit and help you out. Failing all that it may be a call to Badger to see if they can help.

Lee
its this newer model, and i screw it as tight as fuk and loosen and excrement like that, was fiddling whit it for two days. :)

Is yours the new style? Mine is older and the nozzle head unscrews from the body. The newer ones have the nozzle head soldered to the body.....

@Shliosas You got it from Amazon, I doesn't matter if you got it from US amazon UK, France, Spain, etc etc. I brought some Wrangler jeans last year from US Amazon and i'm in England. When they arrived they were not what I expected so I sent them back and got a FULL refund inc the return postage back to the US.

There will be no problem to send them back, no questions asked by them only the problem which you say "faulty" Get it sent back.
As MrMicron said Ken is proud of his company and has a very good customer service, if you could not send it back for any reason im sure he would get you sorted out.

Lee

That’s unusual for a Badger made product; they’re pretty robust and reliable guns. I’d say contact Badger and explain the problem. They will most likely repair or replace it for free.

If you give a more detail explanation of what is happening, we might be able to give some pointers or help to get it spraying. They are simple but finicky...

If you give a more detail explanation of what is happening, we might be able to give some pointers or help to get it spraying. They are simple but finicky...

ok air is coming but paint or water or anything else does not.
I contacted badger and they just don't bother to answer i am not surprised :)

ok air is coming but paint or water or anything else does not.
I contacted badger and they just don't bother to answer i am not surprised :)
It isn't they don't bother to answer. Some places are still closed down due to the Covid19 virus and there may only be one person answering emails at this time. Badger is up around the Chicago area which has a high rate of reported cases to the virus.
I myself am just being able to come back to work after the university shut down in March. So just give them some time , Remember the world is still getting use to dealing with this virus.

It isn't they don't bother to answer. Some places are still closed down due to the Covid19 virus and there may only be one person answering emails at this time. Badger is up around the Chicago area which has a high rate of reported cases to the virus.
I myself am just being able to come back to work after the university shut down in March. So just give them some time , Remember the world is still getting use to dealing with this virus.
oh was not aware of that ! :( sorry to hear.i guess i have to park sotar fro some time

oh was not aware of that ! :( sorry to hear.i guess i have to park sotar fro some time
Turn the pressure up higher and see if water or cleaning solution comes out, if it does then there might be a problem with nozzle and nozzle cap, and that would be the reason it won't spray at "normal" pressure the needle pertrudes from the back of the brush so maybe due to shipping it rocked back and fourth and jammed the nozzle up

xqjlaWC
ok this is how it looks like...Who can tell me what parts need to be replaced to make this peace of sh** work ?
u03wx6
same results with low and very high PSI

xqjlaWC
ok this is how it looks like...Who can tell me what parts need to be replaced to make this peace of sh** work ?
u03wx6
same results with low and very high PSI
Lets start by saying you are not helping things by letting the needle snap forward like you are. The needle ramming into the tip will flare it and you will have to replace it. And....it is not a piece of sh** as you think. It is a piece of precise equipment that needs to be treated like it is...I know you are getting frustrated but you will make your problems worst.
Now, for your issue....The bubbling in the cup is caused by a dirty tip (inside), or where it is seated in the nozzle head. I find in most cases, it is the tip not seated in the head. Clean, clean and clean again the area that the tip sits in. Once that area is clean, the tip will sit evenly and seal and it will help a lot. Do not scrape it with anything....Just soak it and soften any old paint, then wipe out with a cloth.
Cheers

Ok, back to basics questions
What paint /cleaner were you using prior to the problem? Some combinations don’t play well and can cause small particles of paint to become cement and require the right liquids to dissolve them.
Bubbling in the cup like that normally is associated with airflow problems, something isn’t sealing like it should or the air passages are blocked.
you mentioned you screwed it up as tight as f ***, well as @twood mentioned, that isn’t great for precise equipment!

If you have done a full tear down clean are you sure you haven’t misplaced a washer (easy done but not sure if sotar have a washer at the nozzle end) or cross threaded the placement ring, have you inadvertent flared the nozzle.

Ok, back to basics questions
What paint /cleaner were you using prior to the problem? Some combinations don’t play well and can cause small particles of paint to become cement and require the right liquids to dissolve them.
Bubbling in the cup like that normally is associated with airflow problems, something isn’t sealing like it should or the air passages are blocked.
you mentioned you screwed it up as tight as f ***, well as @twood mentioned, that isn’t great for precise equipment!

If you have done a full tear down clean are you sure you haven’t misplaced a washer (easy done but not sure if sotar have a washer at the nozzle end) or cross threaded the placement ring, have you inadvertent flared the nozzle.
I use vallejo airbrush cleaner

Lets start by saying you are not helping things by letting the needle snap forward like you are. The needle ramming into the tip will flare it and you will have to replace it. And....it is not a piece of sh** as you think. It is a piece of precise equipment that needs to be treated like it is...I know you are getting frustrated but you will make your problems worst.
Now, for your issue....The bubbling in the cup is caused by a dirty tip (inside), or where it is seated in the nozzle head. I find in most cases, it is the tip not seated in the head. Clean, clean and clean again the area that the tip sits in. Once that area is clean, the tip will sit evenly and seal and it will help a lot. Do not scrape it with anything....Just soak it and soften any old paint, then wipe out with a cloth.
Cheers
Cheers
this is brand new airbrush... what old paint ? i used only water and vallejo airbrush cleaner.

Back