Can I replace plastic pipe between regulator and moisture filter? (Iwata Power Jet Lite)

rhors

Young Tutorling
Hi there! New poster.

I bought a used Iwata Power Jet Lite a couple of years back and have been using it on occasion.

Seeing the moisture filter had gotten overfull with water and turned reddish, I opened it up. This is from my own use - it was fine when I bought it. I've just never emptied the glass before and know nothing about compressor maintenance.

I noticed a screw holding together the parts inside the moisture filter's glass container (I believe this screw was the source of the reddish water - it had rusted)

Not knowing what I was doing, I applied some gentle pressure to the parts to see if I could pry them, and ended up snapping the end off the plastic (see pic). I think the rusty screw had expanded and made the pipe more brittle.

So - how do I go about fixing this? From spare parts websites I've seen, the regulator and Moisture filter come as one piece so do I have to replace the whole set? Or does this specific pipe have a name?

By chance, I actually have a spare 110V Power jet lite which I've never used - the broken one is 240V. So unless the voltage difference is a problem - can I just scavenge the parts I need from the 110V? Again, can I just take the pipe and if so, how do I take it apart? Otherwise I guess I'll have to take the whole regulator/filter unit off the 110V?

Thanks!

Attachments

• COMPRESSOR.jpg
    COMPRESSOR.jpg
    371.3 KB · Views: 14
I have a power jet pro so will have a look, you may be better off changing the whole regulator. Ive had the compressor apart but not the reg and moisture trap. Give me while to check.

OK, looked at my smart jet pro which will be the closest to yours, it shares the same parts list so I'm guessing they're the same.

The only problem I can see is the fixed ring on top of the regulator #10 on the spares list. I can't see if its held on with grub screws or roll pins. I'm sure they could be drilled out at a push. Once they are out the reg should be able to drop out through the hole in the case.
It should have 2 hoses going to the regulator one at the back and one at the side. They should be fairly easy to undo and then its disconnected.

http://www.airspray-gun.com/pdfs/9365-is875_925notice_en-1.pdf

Attachments

• SmartJet-PowerJet-partsList.pdf
    417.8 KB · Views: 1
I have a power jet pro so will have a look, you may be better off changing the whole regulator. Ive had the compressor apart but not the reg and moisture trap. Give me while to check.

Thanks! Further to my original message, I phoned up the UK distributor of Iwata compressors, airbrushes.com, and their technician told me there ought to be a simple fix that doesn't involve taking out the regulator.
(a) the plastic pipe/funnel component in question is part of the regulator and is part CS-3-PS29-001-A
(b) it can be unscrewed from the metal body of the regulator with an anti-clockwise turn from some long-nose pliers
(c) the over-full moisture cup has meant that there is a white calcium deposit inside the metal part of the regulator which I will now clean out (see attached)

Just wanted to leave this here in case anyone has the same issue in future. I should be able to fix the issue now but will update this thread if anything else comes up.

Attachments

• regulate-1.gif
    regulate-1.gif
    412.9 KB · Views: 12
You haven't broken the glass/plastic have you ? I suppose you could try slipping some sort of cork filter on that pipe not sure where to look, Maybe a wine cork with a hole drilled in and then non permanent glue to hold it on the pipe. ?

You must have typed at the same time as me.. Ahaa, good to know you can get the filter part, my glass had a little calcium on it too, cleaned it off as much as possible. Some cillit bang should clean it all off.

Back