Can't regulate new compressor

Is it that you can't find where to up the pressure? Looking at the picture it looks like you turn the pressure up/down at the bottom of the sight glass/water filter? small chrome knob there just to the right of the drain valve. If all else fails read the instructions

I see now that that one is different from mine. Here's an image.
20150713_202938_zps6e37iqsm.jpg

Reading the reviews this seems to be a common problem, although they say it went straight to 58psi and stayed. Instructions is where I would start. Looking at the picture I'm not sure those knobs control pressure. You could put in an in line regulator or get a quick release with a pressure control (such as grex).

Looking at your picture above, no apparent adjustment for the pressure. The thing at the bottom of the water valve is a drain. Instructions or inline!!

It stays at 58psi and then turns off. When I use the airbrush, it goes down to 20 and stays there. I've looked all through the instructions. It just has an arrow for the pressure regulator, but it seems to be pointing at nothing. I'll look into those you mentioned.

Would an inline even be able to regulate the pressure, since only 20psi is coming out of the actual compressor? I want it to go up, not down. I know 58psi is the max, but I'm sure the working psi can be higher than 20.

Sounds like the pressure switch could be faulty. Does it top up again to 20psi? Might be worth sending it back, see if you can upgrade.

Would an inline even be able to regulate the pressure, since only 20psi is coming out of the actual compressor? I want it to go up, not down. I know 58psi is the max, but I'm sure the working psi can be higher than 20.
It will only regulate what is delivered, can't increase pressure that isn't there. Something sounds like it isn't working properly, I'd recommend getting hold of the supplier.

I don't think so. It's meant to turn off when it gets to 58psi. It does that fine. It's not made to run at 58psi since that's the max. When I use it, it goes down to 20 and stays there.

It's like there is a regulator, and it's set to 20 psi, but I have no clue how to increase it.

Here's how it works. When I turn the compressor on, it moves up to 58psi and stays there. Then it turns off. When I spray, it moves down to 20 and stays there. When I let go, it goes back to 58 and cuts off.

It sounds like it just has a pressure switch set to go on below 20psi and cut off at 58psi with no reg. so you might need to get an In-line mac valve or put a regulator on the compresser so you can control your air pressure

It sounds like it just has a pressure switch set to go on below 20psi and cut off at 58psi with no reg. so you might need to get an In-line mac valve or put a regulator on the compresser so you can control your air pressure
I guess I just don't understand how an in-line regulator could work. If it's only working at 20psi (with me using the airbrush), wouldn't it have to be something that changes that on the inside? Like it will work at 58psi for a few seconds until it gets down to 20 where it stays. I apologize. I'm just a little confused. I thought think it would have to be something that goes in the compressor to stop it from going all the way down to 20 when I use it.

I can't believe it. It looks like the compressor that's stand alone comes with a regulator, but the one in the kit (that is 20 dollars more mind you) doesn't have one.

It's regulated to 20psi at the hose so you can't go above that without changing the regulator/water trap to an ajustable one

Back