Classes or DVDs

W

whiskeymike

anyone able to recommend online classes or DVDs for sale that would be good for a beginner? Looking for something that provides structured assignments. Would be great if it had others that are taking the class and share work and questions.

anyone able to recommend online classes or DVDs for sale that would be good for a beginner? Looking for something that provides structured assignments. Would be great if it had others that are taking the class and share work and questions.
The good news is that there are a heap of DVD’s, files for streaming and online classes too. Often it’s good if you have an idea of where you’d like to be in regards to painting. For example, I’m into the Custom Automotive Painting side of things, so I tend to watch DVD’s from somebody like Craig Fraser. If you want to learn realistic portraits, then somebody like Dru Blair would be a good place to look.
Ultimately for beginners you can do a lot worse than checking out the Youtube channel from our illustrious Leader Mitch.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2E3D9688C1B37346
Whereabouts in this planet do you call home? There might be somewhere local to you that a member can recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Airbrushtutor has a great youtube channel and good videos for learning that you can purchase. I've done the full set of pay videos and they are great, especially the most recent one.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I’m checking them all out. To answer a few questions. I’m based in Austin, TX. Interested in automotive and signage. I like to do metal working and originally planned to get the airbrush for weathering signs and artwork, but I see a lot of other potential fun.

I did see that Air Brush Circus is going to be in San Antonio near the summer but i’m Wondering if I’ll be experienced enough by then to make it worth it.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I’m checking them all out. To answer a few questions. I’m based in Austin, TX. Interested in automotive and signage. I like to do metal working and originally planned to get the airbrush for weathering signs and artwork, but I see a lot of other potential fun.

I did see that Air Brush Circus is going to be in San Antonio near the summer but i’m Wondering if I’ll be experienced enough by then to make it worth it.
I believe that the Circus has several “Beginner” friendly classes. I would definitely contact them and ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back