cleaning a certain airbrush part

B

brunettesrule

Hi all. I have two siphon feed paasche millennium airbrush guns. How do you clean the paint from inside where the bottle attaches. I tried a cotton bud which gets some out but I presume it also pushes paint further up and yes I run methylated spirits though the gun too and back flush. I was thinking of putting a pipe cleaner through but don't want to hit the needle and cause damage to it. Is there a easy way without taking the gun apart. If the little nozzle was longer I would just dip it in metho and spray but because it is really short, not possible.

Thanks, Jane

The intake is not close enough to damage the tip, all I have ever used is airbrush cleaner, reducer, or home brew to clean all parts of brushes both suction and gravity feed. Wet a Q-tip (cotton bud) lol with cleaner and swab it out good then run plenty of water through before storing.

I just fill a cup up with reducer and spray into it and it flushes it all right out. always flush it out as soon as you are done painting before the paint sets up. Don't be afraid to take your airbrush apart it's not complicated and to do a compete cleanout you are going to have to do this at some point

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I just fill a cup up with reducer and spray into it and it flushes it all right out. always flush it out as soon as you are done painting before the paint sets up. Don't be afraid to take your airbrush apart it's not complicated and to do a compete cleanout you are going to have to do this at some point

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
Is it weird that I actually like taking apart my airbrush and cleaning all the parts individually :confused:?!

Back