Com Art Paint Airbrush Cleaner Question

Darren

Needle-chuck Ninja
To all of the members that use the Com Art paints, what do you use to clean your airbrush with? I have used the Iwata Media airbrush cleaner in the past but have ran out and am looking for a cheaper alternative.

For Com-art I use tap water 80-85% of the time for cleaning. A little dish soap added to the water can also help. At end of day, after flushing with water, I may use some alcohol run through the brush, needle pulled and wiped, followed by one last rinse with water.

For Com-art I use tap water 80-85% of the time for cleaning. A little dish soap added to the water can also help. At end of day, after flushing with water, I may use some alcohol run through the brush, needle pulled and wiped, followed by one last rinse with water.
Thanks Dave for the info, I do have some isopropanol alcohol actually, so will just use water and then a little of that then.

To all of the members that use the Com Art paints, what do you use to clean your airbrush with? I have used the Iwata Media airbrush cleaner in the past but have ran out and am looking for a cheaper alternative.
Hi,

I use com-art paint. I clean my brush with a mix of 25% fantastik and 75% water. It seems to work for me. I also have another bottle of this mixed with a few drops of glycerin in it I use as thinner for other paints. I'm not sure if the glycerin helps but I guess it can't hurt. I use the com art straight from the bottle. It is very thin already.

Back