Compressor for fan spray cap airbrush

Blooze

Young Tutorling
I'm looking at getting a Creos PS-290 to do fades and bursts on guitars as well as paint guitar effects pedals. What would be a decent compressor that will run this airbrush? Spraygunner recommended their "Tooty" and I've seen maybe the 1 gallon or 2 gallon compressors such as from California Air or Harbor Freight. Regardless, this will get used fairly infrequently (1-2 times/month).

The amount of air the compressor moves is the most important when it comes to fan pattern equipment. So the CFM of the compressor will need to be enough to work the brush. This shows the air requirements of the PS290.
428b2854a01725a198f7133d8620e0c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The amount of air the compressor moves is the most important when it comes to fan pattern equipment. So the CFM of the compressor will need to be enough to work the brush. This shows the air requirements of the PS290.
428b2854a01725a198f7133d8620e0c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So, roughly figure on one cubic foot for a minute at 30 psi as a compressor requirement for that brush.

If your just painting 1 guitar at a day, then a 4gal /20Lt plus old compressor tank added to a smaller compressor can get you over the hump when needed yes there is a longer charging time. So keep an eye on compressor head temperatures.
If you keep a eye out you will find one for next to nothing and you still have a quite small portable when needed.

I have a AS-186 style compressor and it will supply my PS-290 on full trigger all day long at 31psi, and not a half a psi more. Put it on 35 and it sinks to 31 and stays there.

Back