compressor noise - issues

little update:
Was at my parents, went to see them and to have coffee while talking with them. We talked with my old man about compressor, the guy is real handy man. He tares down his bike machine(oldtimer honda 750) and put it back together with no problem. And while we talked(he was still sleapy, I woke him up) he had ''the light bulb'' moment. His neighbour has a refrigerator sitting in front of doors. So old man called neighbour and asked him what he wanna do with that refrigerator. It was meant to go on a dump but compressor still works.

So bottom line I got new compressor, if I understand usually they are all the same so mounting new one shouldn't be a problem. Meanwhile I will lubricate this one and see if it can run normally or it's damaged to much. Was also asking the same question like I did you robby about how much time I have left with my compressor and he didn't answer me until I asked him if we talking about hours,days or weeks. When I sad that, he told me that we are talking about hours if compressor is damaged.

New compressor will be ready in one hour probably. My old man is talking it down from a fridge as we speak.
Don’t take out the inline filter, as this is a dryer filter, it will help to quit a lot the humidity in the air inlet, and if you can make a hole in the compressor at the level of the oil and make an oil level even better as this kind of compressor oiled them self spraying oil in the cylinder and this oil will pass to the air and the level will be decreasing causing that you will be controlling it very often. gauge

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

what am I missing here?
Am I way off and English is like the official language in Slovenia or something?
It had to do with an expression so...I didn't know
you were right. I didn't know talking down is the guy who prevents people from jumping out of the buildings. On other hand, talking was a typo on my stupid keyboard. Somethime if I write I add to many letters. Usualy I just check if my typos are not colored red(forum warning for mistakes). -.-
but I know difference between talking and taking :D

Here if this helps I took a pic of the level of sight gauge from the bottom of the compressor on my silent-aire 50-24.
http://imgur.com/gallery/tFI8ULE
And I used CM as others said you're not an American. As you can see the proper oil level is around 2.5cm. I think your dripping sound is oil getting into the piston. Best of luck.
situation now is that I put one dcl of oil for compressors and it is ok. I put that oil in a plastic cup and I press it on the intake of the compressor. It went: WHHHHHHHHHHHHHSSSS and compressor sucked that oil in a second -.-

I forgot to mention this. I talked with my old man and ask him what happens if I put to many oil. He sad that compressor should push the oil which is ''extra'' in to the hose. So if this is correct, what happens to my moisture filter if that oil gets there? We were checking filters for oil in store for heating houses, but we couldn't find nice option to connect that on a hose. And what happens if that oil comes in to my airbrush? No more tip dry? lol

I forgot to mention this. I talked with my old man and ask him what happens if I put to many oil. He sad that compressor should push the oil which is ''extra'' in to the hose. So if this is correct, what happens to my moisture filter if that oil gets there? We were checking filters for oil in store for heating houses, but we couldn't find nice option to connect that on a hose. And what happens if that oil comes in to my airbrush? No more tip dry? lol
Pretty much on the money. Yours runs into a tank so excess oil should collect almost entirely in the tank, no big deal, it will come out the tank drain valve, the little bit left in there won't hurt anything. You might see a bit of what was vaporized collect in your filter but not much and it won't hurt it, its actually made to filter oil also, just drains out w the water on the next couple releases.
If it gets in the brush you'll have some funky paint issues until you clean it out but its very unlikely to get that far.

Last edited:
Pretty much on the money. Yours runs into a tank so excess oil should collect almost entirely in the tank, no big deal, it will come out the tank drain valve, the little bit left in there won't hurt anything. You might see a bit of what was vaporized collect in your filter but not much and it won't hurt it, its actually made to filter oil also, just drains out w the water on the next couple releases.
If it gets in the brush you'll have some funky paint issues until you clean it out but its very unlikely to get that far.
This is true and i'm pretty sure that's oil that you hear dripping in the tank. I have an oil coalescing filter, followed by an iwata regulator with trap, and the trap filter looks yellowish from oil, and I drain oil mixed with water vapor out of my tank weekly. One of the pains of having a "silent" compressor, but well worth the hassle.

This is true and i'm pretty sure that's oil that you hear dripping in the tank. I have an oil coalescing filter, followed by an iwata regulator with trap, and the trap filter looks yellowish from oil, and I drain oil mixed with water vapor out of my tank weekly. One of the pains of having a "silent" compressor, but well worth the hassle.
But I had that sound before I put oil inside. Actually when I did put oil inside that sound stopped. What I am missing? -.-

Back