Connect airbrush to larger compressor

Smudge99

Double Actioner
Hey everyone!

I'm new to airbrushing, curently i have a small 3l compressor and a cheap (but suprisingly decent) Veda airbrush, but it's driving me nuts filling up all the time.

I'd like to change to one of the larger "shop" style compressors. How would i go about connecting the smaller size airbrush to it?

Thanks in advance

Kev

Just hook the airline up to the compressor. The end that does not connect to the airbrush should be 1/4 in standard threads which means you can just screw an 1/4 male adapter to it and plug it in. You can either set the pressure on the larger compressor to the desired setting or have an in line mac valve to adjust it.
Now ......................................
76D29BE6-B2B6-417C-9257-D194AE83EB90.jpeg
Be nice and pop over to the Introduction section and make a proper intro...https://www.airbrushforum.org/introductions/

Depends on what hose you have and what size thread you have on the new compressor. The Veda airbrush should have a 1/8 fitting SO that end of the hose will be 1/8, if the other end of the hose is the same then that's an easy ID, if the other end of the hose is larger its probably 1/4 bsp (British Standard Pipe)

Now all you have to do is ID the compressor fitting. Your new compressor may be different to your little 3l one. It could be a 1/8 but I doubt it, it could have a quick disconnect attached (some now have them fitted as standard) or like my old one it just had a 1/4 bsp fitting. All you need is the correct adapter to fit. There is a pic of all the fittings and where they go on the forum somewhere, put together by our very own AndreZA.

I would personally go for the quick connect fitting on the compressor for ease of use, so if it has one your almost ready to go, If it doesn't, they are cheap to buy either from eBay/Amazon etc.. or somewhere like machine mart but they're a bit dearer there. Then refer to the fittings pic to get the fittings you need to connect up and you will be good to go.

Check this thread for the fittings pictures https://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/help-with-connectors.20883/

Lee

Depends on what hose you have and what size thread you have on the new compressor. The Veda airbrush should have a 1/8 fitting SO that end of the hose will be 1/8, if the other end of the hose is the same then that's an easy ID, if the other end of the hose is larger its probably 1/4 bsp (British Standard Pipe)

Now all you have to do is ID the compressor fitting. Your new compressor may be different to your little 3l one. It could be a 1/8 but I doubt it, it could have a quick disconnect attached (some now have them fitted as standard) or like my old one it just had a 1/4 bsp fitting. All you need is the correct adapter to fit. There is a pic of all the fittings and where they go on the forum somewhere, put together by our very own AndreZA.

I would personally go for the quick connect fitting on the compressor for ease of use, so if it has one your almost ready to go, If it doesn't, they are cheap to buy either from eBay/Amazon etc.. or somewhere like machine mart but they're a bit dearer there. Then refer to the fittings pic to get the fittings you need to connect up and you will be good to go.

Check this thread for the fittings pictures https://www.airbrushforum.org/threads/help-with-connectors.20883/

Lee

Great! Thanks mate. I'll check it out

Back