Createx has inconsistent paint colors

I just ordered a couple of those kits off amazon. Those kits are about 1/3 rd the normal cost plus you get free shipping even without prime.
It would be very nice of you, if you can make some kinda review or opinion on our forum. We don't have any real info about that stuff, probably you are the first one with hands on this stuff. I sure am very interested in results which you will get.

There's not alot of info out there about those pigments. Mainly what size pigment are they using, and compared to say a bottle of wicked the same size and color, how much more pigment is in the concentrate?
If I remember right those use the larger pigment size....not the detail/illustration size.
Eh, i just read that you called them, I probably got that mixed up in my mind somewhere.

Oh, and I can't justify a bunch of golden because illustration is much more rare for me than automotive surfaces.
CI I can just slap into some 4004 or 4030 and I'm good ...I have no idea how or if golden would ever be appropriate for outdoor hard surface type stuff.

Here's that Sepia I was talking about. 1. is Createx Illustration 2. Newer bottle of Wicked Detail Sepia 3. Is and older bottle of Wicked Detail Sepia

View attachment 57182
The one looks like the pigment dropped out of it(#3)
How did you mix it?shake,stirring or electric mixer? That will make a difference in your colors,electric mixer works the best imo

The pigment didn't drop out, it never dropped in.
lol

On a serious note, the guy(my local seller of createx) which is ordering createx from createx germany told me, I already mentioned in some old thread. That createx mix those colors in big barrels and paint can have issues on the bottom of the barrel. Don't know if that part with barrels is true, just telling what was told to me.

So what's next? Leaky won't know us anymore, cause he's got his own custom pigments now? :D

Just chipping in to say, I have not had that experience with Createx. I have gone from one bottle to another in the same painting and colour has been spot on. I pretty much only use Wicked though, so can't comment on CI.

Not that this is leakys issue in this case, but for any newbs seeing this, and wondering about colour generally - pigment does tend to settle and become more concentrated at the bottom of a bottle, and then a new bottle can appear a different colour (in fact it is just less pigment to binder ratio and another layer or two will and it will match, as its the depth of tone rather than colour which was affected. Unless you are using trans paint which will just get darker and darker as more layers are added all the way up to black). So keeping your paint well mixed and shaken is important.

Just chipping in to say, I have not had that experience with Createx. I have gone from one bottle to another in the same painting and colour has been spot on. I pretty much only use Wicked though, so can't comment on CI.

Not that this is leakys issue in this case, but for any newbs seeing this, and wondering about colour generally - pigment does tend to settle and become more concentrated at the bottom of a bottle, and then a new bottle can appear a different colour (in fact it is just less pigment to binder ratio and another layer or two will and it will match, as its the depth of tone rather than colour which was affected. Unless you are using trans paint which will just get darker and darker as more layers are added all the way up to black). So keeping your paint well mixed and shaken is important.

I dont paint as often as I'd like and because of this my paint always settles/seperates. as Squishy has stated, mix, shake, stir your paint before using.
Before I start painting I will line up the colours I will be using and spend 10-15 minutes using my stir stick to manually stir the paint right at the bottom of the bottle. (Wicked/wicked detail/Illustration) before I start painting.

Back