Createx illustration black

Alteredlines

Young Tutorling
giving createx illustration a try again and thought I got over a huge hurdle after contacting createx and learning my issue was that I was shaking my pain and reducer this causing the paint to almost gel up. I tried stirring a gray mixture I made up and reduced and had no issues!!! I thought my problem was solved until I went in with createx illustration black. No matter how I thinned it, it would get grainy or gel up. I even put a few drops of reducer in a small mixing cup first and added a few drops of black and got the same results. Hope someone can help. Thanks

Take a photo of the paint in the mixing cup and send it to createx with photos of the barcode side of the labels.
There have been past issues with ‘bad’ 4012 reducer.
And what are they thinking ?? “Don’t shake the paint/reducer”o_O then why do all the pros put the lid on the airbrush cap and shake and why do all their products have balls in them so you can agitate

I was going to ask if you using the 4012 or 4020 . I only use the 4020 mainly due to seeding in the paint while using 4012.
But if you're using some kind of home brew then please use the reducer made by the paint maker.

I was also going to ask what you’re using for a Reducer and bring up the age of 4012 if that’s what you’re using. The Createx 4012 had a shelf life as some of the elements will evaporate over time leaving a concoction that can cause the paint to go lumpy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to ask if you using the 4012 or 4020 . I only use the 4020 mainly due to seeding in the paint while using 4012.
But if you're using some kind of home brew then please use the reducer made by the paint maker.
I’m using 4012 reducer

I was also going to ask what you’re using for a Reducer and bring up the age of 4012 if that’s what you’re using. The Createx 4012 had a shelf life as some of the elements will evaporate over time leaving a concoction that can cause the paint to go lumpy.

that could’ve the case, However not sure why my reducer would work for the grey color I mixed and not the illustration black. Thanks you for responding

that could’ve the case, However not sure why my reducer would work for the grey color I mixed and not the illustration black. Thanks you for responding
That’s true, I’d forgotten that the grey had performed fine. Looks like it probably is an issue with the black in that case.

Every pigment reacts differently to old reducer. So while right now you are seeing it in the black only does not mean it is the black that is faulty.

I’ll give The 4011 a try, been reading through the paint section on this forum and see that many have encountered the same issues I’ve been having. I even tried using just water and it seemed to work. Thank you for responding

I’ll give The 4011 a try, been reading through the paint section on this forum and see that many have encountered the same issues I’ve been having. I even tried using just water and it seemed to work. Thank you for responding
Using water is fine depending on what your end result is. It takes ages to dry so on artwork it stays tacky for ages and you can risk marking it if you touch it. It’s a pain if you want to use erasing techniques.
No sure how you’d go using it for T-shirt’s there may be something in the reducer that helps with the heat setting to make it more stable when washing

Using water is fine depending on what your end result is. It takes ages to dry so on artwork it stays tacky for ages and you can risk marking it if you touch it. It’s a pain if you want to use erasing techniques.
No sure how you’d go using it for T-shirt’s there may be something in the reducer that helps with the heat setting to make it more stable when washing

I’m working on canvas as of now, and have also done work on aluminum panels. Probably should have put that in my introduction. Haven’t airbrushed a t-shirt in years, probably 16 years if I remember correctly. Wow, time flies!!!

I wouldn’t even think about water on the Aluminium panels. Canvas may be ok but remember it won’t dry as quick if you reduce with water

For aluminum I’ve used the createx wicked in the past. I wanted to try the illustration to see if it was any better but that’s when I started experiencing The gelling up of the paint and seeding. Going forward I am going to give the 4011 a try. My work can be viewed on IG @alteredlines79. Thanks

Back