Createx Illustration: getting opaque from transparent

Alex

Double Actioner
Hi folks! Perhaps it will be a silly question... Can I get the same color as in the illustration opaque line using opaque white and illustration transparent color? (don't want to spend extra cash on opaques)

adding white or black to a transparent paint will give you a opaque paint but creating the exact same colour as the opaque colour line is a different matter and you may find you will be using much more paint and spending more money creating the colors you want then when you buy the opaque colour line

I’d agree with Ron. The white can be used for that, but to achieve the same colour you’d have to add so much transparent paint to counteract the white that it would dilute it back to semi transparent. Buying the Opaque colour is probably the better option all in all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with the others, just get the colours you actually need, it will work out better and a lot less complicated in the long run.

Lee

No is the answer no matter how much paint you add, the hues are different, the illustration yellow is greener than the opaque yellow but quite a lot, the red is deeper too.
I would suggest getting both sets and using them appropriately, ie Opaque for skies and solid colours will always look better than transparents used for the same thing, on the other hand, critical colour shift work is carried by layering transparent colours, impossible with opaque!

No is the answer no matter how much paint you add, the hues are different, the illustration yellow is greener than the opaque yellow but quite a lot, the red is deeper too.
I would suggest getting both sets and using them appropriately, ie Opaque for skies and solid colours will always look better than transparents used for the same thing, on the other hand, critical colour shift work is carried by layering transparent colours, impossible with opaque!
About time you turned up lol

Doesn’t mean you can’t pop in and let us pick ya brain :p
Just tag me if you want me!
This covid Bullstoole has done me, had to deal with much despair, my most awesome Nan died last week and I can’t even go to the funeral, also decided to come off my pain meds, so I will be suicidal and mental for at least another 2 months for each drop in dose. love my life!

Paul if you wanna shout and scream at anyone we're right here mate. Its even getting to me and I don't usually get affected by much so times are bad.

Lee
Thanks dude! Today has been the worst day so far, 20hrs in bed and back in it...... should start to come round in a few days!

Back