Createx ilu. black thick in the bottle.

erwin de pan

Mac-Valve Maestro!
I have a bottle of Createx ilustration. That is very thick and difficult to come out of the bottle.
Did not dilute it, but I do intend. I have a few ops.
1. water
2. colden extender
3. isopropyl alcohol
4. 4012
I know that 4012 is the most obvious. But I want to keep the shelf life as long as possible.
What are your thoughts about this.

I had the same question last year, I went straight to Createx who suggested the relevant transparent base. 5090 in the instance of Illustration range. If it’s still to thick then a little water.
Because my paints sit for prolonged periods I’ve now got into the habit of using a stir stick (metal chopstick in my case) to make sure I get right to the bottom to stir it up real good

I had the same question last year, I went straight to Createx who suggested the relevant transparent base. 5090 in the instance of Illustration range. If it’s still to thick then a little water.
Because my paints sit for prolonged periods I’ve now got into the habit of using a stir stick (metal chopstick in my case) to make sure I get right to the bottom to stir it up real good

I agree with Jackster. I have found stirring the bottle and then shaking it for a while has made a positive difference in how well the colours spray. Maybe it’s coincidence, but they seem better behaved. I bought a couple of Tamia stirring sticks. They have a tiny spoon at one end and a blade on the other. They’re perfect for Illustration bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Jackster. I have found stirring the bottle and then shaking it for a while has made a positive difference in how well the colours spray. Maybe it’s coincidence, but they seem better behaved. I bought a couple of Tamia stirring sticks. They have a tiny spoon at one end and a blade on the other. They’re perfect for Illustration bottles.

I have those for my smaller bottles, they’re brilliant but they’re not quite long enough for my larger black and white bottles (the only colours I buy in bulk)

I have those for my smaller bottles, they’re brilliant but they’re not quite long enough for my larger black and white bottles (the only colours I buy in bulk)
That’s a great point that I didn’t think of LOL. The biggest I have are 120ml which are still fine but yeah, anything bigger would be an issue.

I was also buying in bulk white and black like Jackie does. Not Createx Ilustrator, but this shouldn't matter in what I am trying to convey. So mixing in those 960ml bottles was pain. So I used badger thingy and little home made mod and it worked. But, badger thingy doesn't have lot's of power and it struggles, also it shakes so much your hands are vibrating like crazy. here are pics,bunch of forum member probably seen that already:

image sharing

Either way, it worked but so so... Now I use that moded long thingy for mixing and this:
image host multiple jpg

You can't beat that power :cool:

But the issue was how to store those big bottles. I started with black and white like Jackie, added 960ml trans base to my collection and last time I run out of yellow I decided I will go for 960ml yellow. I don't regret it. I was a little sceptical to order 960ml of yellow, cause I was reading on forum people ussually buy black and white in bulk. But I see I will order red and blue in 960ml as well. Much cheaper on long run.

So, when I get my bulk color, I mix it with that black and decker tool - it got also option to set how much power you wanna. After I mix that color I shake it with hands and put it on head for some time in a cutted half of plastic bottle of mineral water. After I am sure my color is ready for next step I use panty hose to filter color and I pure it in those kinda bottles from createx:

Now my big bottles are ready for storage. I put plastic wrap across the hole for paint and close it with a paint lid like seen in picture. I also put bottle upside down in those cutted plastic bottles of mineral water like seen in picture. From time to time I put bottles in normal position, but after some time I put them on their head again.

So, now I got one 60ml bottle from createx(which I have plenty of them, empty ones...) of primary color. In this example it's yellow color. Cause I used stocking I don't need to worry about filtering paint anymore. For that bottle I use badger thingy like our friend few posts before me.

When I am done with this I also put paint on it's head for some time. I can also use regular long brush and use the end where you hold the brush for mixing(you mix with wooden part) instead of those thingies like Siroxx uses for example. Regular brushes are great for that and you can also use them in smaller bottles without a problem. If they are to long you just brake extra and you are fine. I have bunch of brushes , cause I bought them in some cheap store and they are not quality ones. But they are great for mixing.

So when that createx bottle is ready I pour in to 4x small bottles. I do that with black and white,trans and primaries. The reason behind that is, those small bottles are so easy to mix it's hilarious. You could use toothpick if you would need to :D Why I pour those colors in to 4x small bottles? So I don't need to use eyedroppers... I use primaries for mixing my own colors, so I find 4x is enough for some time for me. I have I think 400 eyedroppers(didn't count them, they are in a box somewhere...) which are unopened in a closed plastic bag, cause I decided this is more friendly way for me then each time using eyedroppers.

here are 4x

From 4x I am mixing my colors and they are so easy to shake...

Also I use 4x little bottles for making my own colors out of my reference cards which is getting quite a big collection of them...

Sry guys for long post, just my 2 cents. And I am happy I can type. I couldn't do that few days ago :laugh:

Last edited:
Today I opened the bottle.
And I diluted the paint with T.B.
The paint was not as thick as I thought.
After I cleaned the cap I discovered that the cap was not normal, you normally have 3 openings where the paint comes from.
1 opening was blocked with a thin layer of plastic.
And 1 partially blocked.
That was the biggest cause that I struggled so much to get the paint out.
cab.jpg

I was also buying in bulk white and black like Jackie does. Not Createx Ilustrator, but this shouldn't matter in what I am trying to convey. So mixing in those 960ml bottles was pain. So I used badger thingy and little home made mod and it worked. But, badger thingy doesn't have lot's of power and it struggles, also it shakes so much your hands are vibrating like crazy. here are pics,bunch of forum member probably seen that already:

image sharing

Either way, it worked but so so... Now I use that moded long thingy for mixing and this:
image host multiple jpg

You can't beat that power :cool:

But the issue was how to store those big bottles. I started with black and white like Jackie, added 960ml trans base to my collection and last time I run out of yellow I decided I will go for 960ml yellow. I don't regret it. I was a little sceptical to order 960ml of yellow, cause I was reading on forum people ussually buy black and white in bulk. But I see I will order red and blue in 960ml as well. Much cheaper on long run.

So, when I get my bulk color, I mix it with that black and decker tool - it got also option to set how much power you wanna. After I mix that color I shake it with hands and put it on head for some time in a cutted half of plastic bottle of mineral water. After I am sure my color is ready for next step I use panty hose to filter color and I pure it in those kinda bottles from createx:

Now my big bottles are ready for storage. I put plastic wrap across the hole for paint and close it with a paint lid like seen in picture. I also put bottle upside down in those cutted plastic bottles of mineral water like seen in picture. From time to time I put bottles in normal position, but after some time I put them on their head again.

So, now I got one 60ml bottle from createx(which I have plenty of them, empty ones...) of primary color. In this example it's yellow color. Cause I used stocking I don't need to worry about filtering paint anymore. For that bottle I use badger thingy like our friend few posts before me.

When I am done with this I also put paint on it's head for some time. I can also use regular long brush and use the end where you hold the brush for mixing(you mix with wooden part) instead of those thingies like Siroxx uses for example. Regular brushes are great for that and you can also use them in smaller bottles without a problem. If they are to long you just brake extra and you are fine. I have bunch of brushes , cause I bought them in some cheap store and they are not quality ones. But they are great for mixing.

So when that createx bottle is ready I pour in to 4x small bottles. I do that with black and white,trans and primaries. The reason behind that is, those small bottles are so easy to mix it's hilarious. You could use toothpick if you would need to :D Why I pour those colors in to 4x small bottles? So I don't need to use eyedroppers... I use primaries for mixing my own colors, so I find 4x is enough for some time for me. I have I think 400 eyedroppers(didn't count them, they are in a box somewhere...) which are unopened in a closed plastic bag, cause I decided this is more friendly way for me then each time using eyedroppers.

here are 4x

From 4x I am mixing my colors and they are so easy to shake...

Also I use 4x little bottles for making my own colors out of my reference cards which is getting quite a big collection of them...

Sry guys for long post, just my 2 cents. And I am happy I can type. I couldn't do that few days ago :laugh:
That’s great info Husky, thanks for sharing.

Back