Day one in the airbrush house

So it seems, to apply liquid mask the best way possible, I should also invest in a hvlp spray gun?
Noooooooo !

The one shown is like a standard ‘paint marker’ where you push the nub in to release some liquid.
I have in the past open it and put a small (tiny) amount in a plastic teaspoon and used a fine paint brush to get a really fine line. You have to be quick as it forms a skin and dries rapidly

No no that looks easier than drawing in a body with a pen?
Probably depends how skilled you are with pencil. I am doing my stencils and masking with cutter machine and mylar sheets, paper or oramask Vinyl. The glue I recommended to you I use with mylar and paper, oramask has glue already so I don't need to add extra.

You will find the process you like the most and it's the easiest for you. It's all about experimenting and finding what you like the most.

Okay, so Husky has given you another option. Spray the entire shell then use a very sharp scalpel to cut out what you want to paint. Are you confident that you can cut lightly enough not to mark the lexan, because I can confidently predict that the slightest scratch will be seen

Well to be honest, we didn't ask him what is his job. Maybe he is a surgeon. But if he is working with jackhammer, then scalpel could be an issue lol

That made me smile..

My 2 pennies worth... What about magnets to hold the stencil? Lexan is very thin so magnets would work well through it. Obviously really curved surfaces may be a problem but on flat areas they could work.. I think i would go down the Oramask route even if I had to cut it by hand it would conform to the curves pretty well and keep adhesion so that covers both flats and curves.

Lee

That made me smile..

My 2 pennies worth... What about magnets to hold the stencil? Lexan is very thin so magnets would work well through it. Obviously really curved surfaces may be a problem but on flat areas they could work.. I think i would go down the Oramask route even if I had to cut it by hand it would conform to the curves pretty well and keep adhesion so that covers both flats and curves.

Lee
I agree with oramask. Oramask is great for curves.

But I think he is using mylar mask which was bought. I know I seen somewhere those cards before.

OK so I actually had liquid mask it seems

Now I have this as my friend was selling cheap

Can this brand be applied with air?

PhotoGrid_1564400518083.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah OK, this any good? Struggling in the UK to get the stuff I've seen on YouTube etc

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190729-134203_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190729-134203_eBay.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 10
Back