Day one in the airbrush house

Was feeling really deflated earlier

Decided to scrub the body and have one last go

The outside of rhw body has paint marks on it etc and the inside isn't every fully stripped, so I was starting with a dirty canvas

However

Apart from the poor "club" I'm actually pretty stoked, I guess the club was just caused by the stencil being too far away?

I guess at least I'm making progress?

PhotoGrid_1564337060655.jpg

Was feeling really deflated earlier

Decided to scrub the body and have one last go

The outside of rhw body has paint marks on it etc and the inside isn't every fully stripped, so I was starting with a dirty canvas

However

Apart from the poor "club" I'm actually pretty stoked, I guess the club was just caused by the stencil being too far away?

I guess at least I'm making progress?
For first few tries you are doing great. I would show you my crap if I would take photos of it...

Press stencil hard on surface while you are spraying. And light coats so you don't build bunch of color which will drip under the stencil. If you got that glue, use glue and try that.

Also watch from where you are spraying, cause you can lift stencil with air. So take a look at from what angle you hit the stencil

If you wanna softer edges you just lift stencil a little.

And don't panic. I had bunch of issues where paint was dripping under stencil until I figure it out and got some feeling.

Thanks buddy, I'm definitely feeling better now than earlier, the tips genuinely help and I greatly appreciate them
Just don't worry about it and have fun. For some stuff you need time and this is one of those. Scuff that color off and do it again. And do few more times. And watch what you are doing and where you make progress or not. I take notes when I experiment with my t-shirts.

If you haven’t tack glued the stencil down then you can just do a dust coat of colour, lift the stencil, ‘draw’ around the outline of your shape
Drop the stencil back down then more paint.
And no, your not being stupid. We don’t know what we don’t know so by all means ask away :)

As mentioned above, angle your spray away from the edge, spray gently , use a wooden toothpick/skewer to hold down the stencil exactly where you are spraying. Stencils don’t like high psi, so if you need the higher psi for the paint you are using you’ll have to practise and find something that works.
Practise on a piece of glass (old photo frame) holding down the stencil and spraying and finding a way to stop the underspray

Back