Deciding on style

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering: how did you decide or developed your own style in airbrushing? I am used that an artist (whether talking about photography, tattoos, pencil brush painting, etc.) eventually gives his or hers own swung to an existing style. A penny for your thoughts

I think most start out copying what they see others do, like a human photocopier and as time goes on they adjust to their own style and what feels comfortable to them

I started 50 years ago drawing with pencil drawing everything I saw. Faces, tools, building etc. Then airbrush everything I saw. JackEb is right most copy everything. Style take a lot of time.

i have been painting ages around 10 years and didn't think i had a style - but when i told other people they pointed out i do. they also pointed out what it was which was freaky - one person said it doesn't matter what the subject you paint is all your works have colour from one area dotted around the picture, which is true my profile picture the white fur of the dog has green, reds purples in it because i see colours in white so i paint colours in white. and they also mentioned i do diagonal lines to paint picture and how thats seemed really unique - i never even knew i did that!! i hadn't even realised that myself. i think as artist you just create the more you create the more your style immerges and others find and see your style :) even if you don't notice it :)

i have been painting ages around 10 years and didn't think i had a style - but when i told other people they pointed out i do. they also pointed out what it was which was freaky - one person said it doesn't matter what the subject you paint is all your works have colour from one area dotted around the picture, which is true my profile picture the white fur of the dog has green, reds purples in it because i see colours in white so i paint colours in white. and they also mentioned i do diagonal lines to paint picture and how thats seemed really unique - i never even knew i did that!! i hadn't even realised that myself. i think as artist you just create the more you create the more your style immerges and others find and see your style :) even if you don't notice it :)
Thanks for this reply. It is funny that others can point certain things out that you can’t see yourself. I will just continue to do what I do (no certain if what I do is correct 😂) and ask for feedback as I go. Thanks again

Back