Decision needed

D

David Wright

I use an Aztek airbrush which I am very happy with for general work, but I need a good quality fine detail airbrush. I can afford an Iwata Custom Micron but not sure my airbrushing is good enough to justify one. My thoughts are Either an Iwata HP-B with a 0.2 mm nozzle or a Harder and Steenbeck Infinity CR plus with a 0.15 mm nozzle. I know both are really good airbrushes but I don't know which. Has anyone any advice?

I would personally go for the Iwata HP-B+, you are talented enough for the Micron but needles and nozzles are twice the price the Micron so iys now just the coat of the brush you have to think about.

I don't wish appear biased where the infinity is concerned but I personally avoid anything H&S due to a bad experience with an evolution, although there are some here who produce some excellent with them.

I must admit I am swaying towards the Iwata. Thanks for the compliments about my abilities. The 2 photos I posted were done with a cheap Chinese airbrush I used to have. I must admit I was quite impressed with it apart from the build quality.

I must admit I am swaying towards the Iwata. Thanks for the compliments about my abilities. The 2 photos I posted were done with a cheap Chinese airbrush I used to have. I must admit I was quite impressed with it apart from the build quality.

If you did those with cheapies your world is going to rock with an Iwata, you'll be shocked how much more quickly you can progress with a quality tool.:thumbsup:

Full disclosure... I am very bias towards Iwata... not to say others are bad but am saying Iwata performs consistently. The one thing I like of the Iwata HP-B over my micron is that there is a cutaway for pulling the needle back rather than taking the end of the brush off... convenience!

Full disclosure... I am very bias towards Iwata... not to say others are bad but am saying Iwata performs consistently. The one thing I like of the Iwata HP-B over my micron is that there is a cutaway for pulling the needle back rather than taking the end of the brush off... convenience!

Yep, there is that too:thumbsup:

Well I guess I'm late to the party! You won't be disappointed with the Iwata. But on the odd chance that you are, the H&S brushes are very nice too!

Iwata has a deserved reputation for a reason. You wont be sorry with your choice and if you've only ever used generic brushes then you are in for a treat once you start using your new brush.

Too late but
Mr hobby ps-770. its a $200 cm-c with cm-b needle/nozzle
or ps-270 $100 hp-b+ (This one has some basically indetectable differences to it though)
But im biased toward the brushes that are the same as iwata at 1/2 or 1/3rd of the price.
Or i guess you could say, other Rich made house brands

Last edited:
Too late but
Mr hobby ps-770. its a $200 cm-c with cm-b needle/nozzle
or ps-270 $100 hp-b+ (This one has some basically indetectable differences to it though)
But im biased toward the brushes that are the same as iwata at 1/2 or 1/3rd of the price.
Or i guess you could say, other Rich made house brands

So, right now they have a sale ($180) going on the PS770 because they are backordered till October. They say they have become super popular. I also think they might increase the price once they have them in stock to over $200... gut feeling on that.

So, right now they have a sale ($180) going on the PS770 because they are backordered till October. They say they have become super popular. I also think they might increase the price once they have them in stock to over $200... gut feeling on that.
They clearly state that the $180 is a sale, or pre-order price. Normally they go between $210-$230 in the the States, but I have seen them closer to $310 or so globally...

They clearly state that the $180 is a sale, or pre-order price. Normally they go between $210-$230 in the the States, but I have seen them closer to $310 or so globally...

Yeah I worded that a bit clumsily. Ever since I started watching that brush it's been $200 off their site. I think with all the interest they may increase it to say $210. Just based off the head setup I bought, if the rest of the brush is anything like that, it's the best bang for the buck of any airbrush currently for sale.. IMO.

They were always at $210 i think from spraygunner.... or for a long time anyhow. I was just being lazy calling it 200. Kind of all the same when the nearest analog runs $550 or so.

They were always at $210 i think from spraygunner.... or for a long time anyhow. I was just being lazy calling it 200. Kind of all the same when the nearest analog runs $550 or so.
It was $200, I've been watching them like a hawk trying to come up with a.. good .. excuse to buy one. I've been trying to be less impulsive on buying airbrush stuff.

Back