Difference between these two compressors?

ToonarmY

Young Tutorling
Hi All,

I am looking to buy a new compressor for my harder & steenbeck ultra 2 in 1 airbrush.

I have been told the AS186 is a good buget compressor to suit my needs.

I can get one for around 100 Australian dollars. However when I have searched for the AS 186 two designs keep coming up.

Is there a major difference between the two, older or newer model? I am struggling to find any information compairing them.

Screenshot_20200418_100659_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg Screenshot_20200418_100717_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg Screenshot_20200418_100743_com.ebay.mobile.jpg Screenshot_20200418_100806_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Unless there’s anything mentioned in the specs for the two compressors I would say no. A lot of companies are selling the same compressor with different badges on them. That’s basically the same unit I started with and it worked great. In the height of summer I would find that it would get hot and the thermal cut out would kick in pretty often. But a small desk fan blowing air at it stopped that issue and I could use it for hours without any problems.

Cheers. There is an AF 186 version with its own in built cooling fan.

I just couldn't work out which of these designs were the old or new version
I’m not sure either, mine would have been an old version as my Dad had bought it as part of a kit about 5 years before I used it. Maybe I got lucky, but that sucker is still going and it has done a lot of work.

As you’re planning on painting models then any of them should do fine... you may find they overheat in summer if you’re not running an air conditioner.

Back