Dilemma...

bottom line is I wasn't wrong. that golden thingy can be made. If you buy equipment, for 7k like robby sad, you can make a business just printing labels for all the china factorys which like to make fakes :D No need to produce stuff, you just print labels lol

IME, while Chinese companies have no problem copying items.

Very rare few have any intention of passing them off as genuine.

Hong Kong has been subject to international law so long I think they are just used to following it.

Just as most of our countries are.

China seems to have a culture of copying designs and hasn't been subject to international law.

However, IME majority of businesses are still very interested in their reputation and would copy something in a second but scoff at passing it off as genuine. Plus exporting such an item is far more complicated and can't be done to most countries in their target market on any large scale.

So there is no point in trying to make it genuine seeming.
Except for small struggling companies that can get by on person to person sales.

Just my point of view.

Well I just had a look and the cost works out to about 125 euro which is ok but isn't much of a saving. Amazon has them for £141 with free shipping if you have prime. Not much more money and very good returns if you have trouble. I emailed air-craft.net £144 there, and asked them what their shipping would be to Greece, waiting for a reply.

Lee

Thanks jord, If I remember correctly it's about £148 (167Euro) everything included (tax, shipping)

Interestingly, I've also noticed a growing number of Chinese companies who have chosen more Western sounding names, done some of their own design twists , and would rather not have their product rebranded.

For instance AFAIK this was not copied from another brand.
There are other examples though.
0331094203_23201.jpg
http://www.chinaviktec.com/products/Pressure-Airbrush-For-Chocolate-and-Sugar-New-Version.htm

I think this works like a pressure pot paint gun, for shooting thicker material with lower air spray pressure.

@DaveG @Robbyrockett2
Have either of you seen an actual Iwata engraved airbrush that came from China other than the NEO series? I'm talking about the traditional Iwata airbrush stuff. I seen some weird almost Badger rip off on ebay that was labeled as Iwata (MX2900).
Dave @ coast airbrush now and then mentions this kind of stuff on the live at five, but he has never had one in his hand to show us. It's like people sending in a Master airbrush for them to fix claiming it's Iwata.
I have not seen any knock offs come out of China that are engraved "Iwata." I think they are referring to the brushes like the Point Zero. Master, Kkmoon, which are almost 1 to 1 copies of the Iwata. The PZ build in particular is very, very close minus the tolerances that breed quality. I am pretty sure in every instance, one part could be switched between the two...

@Franc Kaiser could probably give some insight on my thoughts here.
As someone regularly doing business in China/Hong Kong
I replied to Dmitri already directly yesterday. I believe the product could be legit. Illustration art quality airbrushes are such a small market, I don’t see the point for a Chinese entrepreneur to make the decision to invest time and money in faking a product. I rather see the contrary, where Iwatas and similar are offered on online platforms for 10x higher the original price (which is a money laundering scheme).

And yes, it’s no rocket science to fake a holographic label.

I replied to Dmitri already directly yesterday. I believe the product could be legit. Illustration art quality airbrushes are such a small market, I don’t see the point for a Chinese entrepreneur to make the decision to invest time and money in faking a product. I rather see the contrary, where Iwatas and similar are offered on online platforms for 10x higher the original price (which is a money laundering scheme).

And yes, it’s no rocket science to fake a holographic label.
I've seen such money laundering scheme's done by way of poor quality emerald. The price of jewels being so subjective it makes it pretty difficult to bring to evidence.

Back