Diy air compressor

Alerrandro

Young Tutorling
hi, this is my new compressor, a was looking a for silent compressor but in my country they are very expensive, so i decided to make my own compressor.

Parts:
AC Hermetic compressor, 6000 btus
Air Tank
Air filter
Some 3/8 and 1/4 connections for the air tank.
ptf tape
pressure switch
wood table with 4 wheels.
3 computer fans for cooling the compressor.

I got cheap ac compressor with the capacitor, got a free tank, this what used from storage of liquid gas r22(i know this not best cilinder for a compressor but works) (i know the risks too, the cilinder itsef has a valve in case overpressure will leak air off), so i go to tools shop to get the connections.
my initial plan as to use a fridge compressor about used was more expensive than this ac compressor.

I adjust the pressure switch to start with 40 psi and shut off at 75 psi.
the compressor fills the air tank in 3 minutes, the tank has 13 liters.
About energy consumption is very good, take abouts 700w the ac compressor.
the must item it's the air filter, this type of compressor puts a lot of oil in air, a plan to get a second air filter just to be extra safe, but one filter is doing a good job.
About the sound, a measure with my smartphone(i know it's not a good measurement but works) is produce about 55 db, way better then my shop compressor who produce 100 db.
Total cost 100 dollars.

Do I recommend everyone to produce your own?? , the answer is NO, u have to know about eletricity, mecanics etc. you could make bomb if the pressure switch stop working and you dont a safe air valve and the compressor still on adding pressure to the air tank, a lot things can go wrong, but if u have the skills go for it, its a awesome compressor, a
silent air make this type of air compressors with fridge compressor but importing for my country is 5 times the current price on silent air website.

Attachments

• IMG_20211207_210820387_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211207_210820387_HDR.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20211206_195718710.jpg
    IMG_20211206_195718710.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20211212_181150142.jpg
    IMG_20211212_181150142.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 28
hi, this is my new compressor, a was looking a for silent compressor but in my country they are very expensive, so i decided to make my own compressor.

Parts:
AC Hermetic compressor, 6000 btus
Air Tank
Air filter
Some 3/8 and 1/4 connections for the air tank.
ptf tape
pressure switch
wood table with 4 wheels.
3 computer fans for cooling the compressor.

I got cheap ac compressor with the capacitor, got a free tank, this what used from storage of liquid gas r22(i know this not best cilinder for a compressor but works) (i know the risks too, the cilinder itsef has a valve in case overpressure will leak air off), so i go to tools shop to get the connections.
my initial plan as to use a fridge compressor about used was more expensive than this ac compressor.

I adjust the pressure switch to start with 40 psi and shut off at 75 psi.
the compressor fills the air tank in 3 minutes, the tank has 13 liters.
About energy consumption is very good, take abouts 700w the ac compressor.
the must item it's the air filter, this type of compressor puts a lot of oil in air, a plan to get a second air filter just to be extra safe, but one filter is doing a good job.
About the sound, a measure with my smartphone(i know it's not a good measurement but works) is produce about 55 db, way better then my shop compressor who produce 100 db.
Total cost 100 dollars.

Do I recommend everyone to produce your own?? , the answer is NO, u have to know about eletricity, mecanics etc. you could make bomb if the pressure switch stop working and you dont a safe air valve and the compressor still on adding pressure to the air tank, a lot things can go wrong, but if u have the skills go for it, its a awesome compressor, a
silent air make this type of air compressors with fridge compressor but importing for my country is 5 times the current price on silent air website.
Nicely done man. It’s good of you to point out the safety concerns too. Like you said, if you have the knowledge this is a great option for a quiet compressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicely done man. It’s good of you to point out the safety concerns too. Like you said, if you have the knowledge this is a great option for a quiet compressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, this cilinders up to 5 liters or more with 100 psi or more pressure inside, exploding is really dangerous. I see a lot videos on youtube, a bunch people using old air tanks, pvc pipe as tank and on their setup most of the time, i dont see any security air valve on cilinder, they dont use pressure swtich, compressor like it's a bomb waiting to explode.

Back