Does anybody know the difference between the Badger Krome and the Krome Jet?

beachrat

Young Tutorling
Other than the Jet having a smaller cup,I can't find much info on it.
One of the online stores(don't know if I'm allowed to mention any here or not) has them both,with the Jet being $15 more than the "regular" Krome. Both come with 2 needles and nozzles and look identical,except for the cup sizes.
Anybody heard?
Thanks.

I purchased Jet (as Christmas gift to myself) but just returned back. For $105 airbrush the finishing was inadequate. The inside of the cup was rough, had a couple of sharp protrusions that would catch fiber when trying to clean with a Q-tip. Cleaning of the cup and paint channel was very difficult. Badger thought it was all normal but my $15 Chinese airbrush has better chrome finish and I am not comparing the finish with my HP-CS. I understand it was most likely a bad unit but Badger should have offered a replacement body. Their response was disappointing that lead me to return it.

I can understand the finish issues, I have all badgers and some have issues like you describe. Probably from when they braze or solder the cups on. A bit of roughness inside cup. They spray fine, but yes for the money I would agree, the finish could be better. I keep all badgers for parts interchange, makes it easier.

Back