Does anybody make these?

Ryck

Needle-chuck Ninja
Hello all,

I am curious to know if there is any company out there that makes universal paint cup caps. Or, I would like to hear of any DIY suggestions on making caps. Seems that I tend to get a little messy at times and have sloshed paint on myself and the table a few times. :( Thanks!

I'm not sure if there's an aftermarket universal option out there or not. I rarely use a cap on my airbrush cups too. So, I can totally relate to the issue you described. It is a self correcting problem though if you don't find a solution. Eventually you'll get tired of cleaning up the mess and you will slow down. I don't spill paint out of the cup near as often as I once did, but every now and then I still get going a little too fast and...

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for the replies and suggestions. I did not think of the simple solution of a piece of tape. If I was into 3D printing, I would make my own caps but that is an avenue I do not wish to explore.

If you want to get fancy, you could easily make a cap out of Kneadatite/Green Stuff putty that would friction fit like a factory-made cap. Tape sounds very simple and expedient if you don't want to make something though.

If you want to get fancy, you could easily make a cap out of Kneadatite/Green Stuff putty that would friction fit like a factory-made cap. Tape sounds very simple and expedient if you don't want to make something though.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think that duct tape cut into small squares is what I am going to try next. But the putty idea sounds good too.

I came up with a simple paint cup cap solution for my H&S Ultra. Made from two pieces of Dollar Tree foam board with the paper peeled off and glued together. Just a little light sanding to get the fit snug and a hole poked in the top for air flow. Too simple to make and I am sure that in time, the layers of paint will make it more solid as well. Here are some pics...

Paint Cup Cap 1.jpg Paint Cup Cap 2.jpg

Attachments

• Paint Cup Cap 1.jpg
    Paint Cup Cap 1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Paint Cup Cap 2.jpg
    Paint Cup Cap 2.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 9
That looks good Rick, just make sure no bits come off it where you've sanded and get stuck in the paint tube.

That looks good Rick, just make sure no bits come off it where you've sanded and get stuck in the paint tube.

Thanks! I rinsed off any dust residue after I made it but I think I will give it a coat of paint before I actually use it to keep it sealed.

I also found that I can use a plastic water bottle cap to cover the paint cups on my MA G23 airbrushes.

Innovation and fabrication is a hobby of mine. :D

Nice work around, Rick! I was going to suggest a small piece of plastic wrap and a rubber band, but your fix is much cooler. :)

Thanks Karl! Sometimes I have to sleep on a problem to get an idea and this idea literally popped into my head just as had laid down to go to sleep. :D

Back