Don't know why

beginner-James

Mac-Valve Maestro!
As the title suggests I really Don't know why
I've been here on the air brush world some weeks now and I still haven't laid any paint on to paper yet.
I've bought nearly everything to do with airbrushing. I even have multiple air guns new air line pipe to get my air out of the garage into my kitchen, but still no paint onto paper. In fact the airline hasn't even ventured out of the garage. I've attached my gun once to see if I have any air leaks. changed the PSI gage around as it was on the wrong side for my kitchen layout. Well hopefully today I will make that leap to hopefully getting some paint laid down on paper because Ive run out of excuses and I haven't got this and that item to start painting.

I do have two hospital appointments today one at 9.30 am and one at 3.45 pm with food shopping and cooking dinner and tea in between so no more excuses I need to start or I never will.

Beginner-James

@beginner-James When you say you changed your psi gauge around what do you mean? If you changed the in and out connection that doesn't work, your gauge should have a little arrow somewhere on it either on a sticker or embossed into its body, the air can only go in one direction so your your air hose going to your airbrush should be at the side the arrow points to with your compressor hose on the other side.

I had hard start also. I read so much about tearing apart airbrush and how it needs to be cleaned that it was almost like a horror story to me. That was the part which scared me. Like I am going to break the civilization. I sad to my self: what the hell! And I went straight to disassemble my airbrush. Damn it took long. I printed guide for disassembling so I don't mess something up. Now its part of ritual and it's done in few seconds.
Just grab the bull by the horn. I noticed I do enjoy spraying the paint each day more. It was not love at first sight, but seems like it goes under your skin more and more each day.

Malky you are wright
No I changed the gage because the inlet was on the left and to mount the regulator where I needed it I needed it on the Left so I removed the grub screw and gage and swapped them around adding PTF Tape to seal the threads. Regulator is now mounted in the Kitchen in fact it's mounted with a G-clamp waiting for the air supply.
Malky thank you for your concern it's appreciated but not needed this time however A beginner may read this post and find the information within a formative

Beginner-James

Husky
I think I'm feeling the same I have bent Two needles already fist was placing my Airbrush on the kitchen worktop with out thinking and no nozzle and the second needle was polishing with a Dremel but I now polish by hand.

So yep I'm scared of breaking the Airbrush I suppose.

well I'm getting ready for my first appointment, cooking some soup for dinner and then I will spend a little bit of time laying some paint down.

Beginner-James

Husky
I think I'm feeling the same I have bent Two needles already fist was placing my Airbrush on the kitchen worktop with out thinking and no nozzle and the second needle was polishing with a Dremel but I now polish by hand.

So yep I'm scared of breaking the Airbrush I suppose.

well I'm getting ready for my first appointment, cooking some soup for dinner and then I will spend a little bit of time laying some paint down.

Beginner-James

You already know from your bent needle experience but NEVER polish a needle using a Dremel. I did it once! Not sure if I still have the pic but mine narrowly missed flying into my leg and stuck in the floor, and it was a nice unrecoverable "S" shape. You can use a variable speed drill with great success.

Anyway, the hardest part of airbrushing for me is getting going, putting some paint on the paper. Once I've got over that hurdle and started i'm fine and paint away till its finished.

Lee

Jump on in James. You’re fearing the unknown that’s all. It’s nowhere near as bad as you’ve built it up to be. At the end of the day it’s some paint, paper and a bit of your time.
Turn the compressor on, set the psi to somewhere around 30 and Get some paint in the brush and aim it at some scrap paper- printer paper is awesome for ‘doodling’

We’re here if you get the wobbles up :)

Yeah, you need to just dive in and have a whirl Mate. What’s the worst that can happen if you’ve already bent a couple needles? Through some paint in, make a mess and enjoy it.

I was asking my self why you wonted to polish the needle if you didn't shoot any paint before? Am I missing something? -.-

edit: and how much one needle costs?

Last edited:
My white paint bloody leaks when you shake it any advice on making it water tight?
White is thick... I usually shoot high psi so I can go even without reduction if needed. But for better flow I add reducer. On the other hand when I am practising on piece of paper with 10 psi I use color one drop 3 or 4 drops of reducer. I did try reducing with water and even made few training sessions that way, but I don't know if this is in my head or not, seems like paints act differently if I reduce it with reducer or water for paper use. Still wondering about that to be honest...

What color are you using?

I am talking to much .... I am happy today I just picked up new heat press and few more new wicked colors. I'll stop lol
Just put music on and enjoy in music and have some fun with airbrush. This works for me.

Here is one song for starters

White is thick... I usually shoot high psi so I can go even without reduction if needed. But for better flow I add reducer. On the other hand when I am practising on piece of paper with 10 psi I use color one drop 3 or 4 drops of reducer. I did try reducing with water and even made few training sessions that way, but I don't know if this is in my head or not, seems like paints act differently if I reduce it with reducer or water for paper use. Still wondering about that to be honest...

What color are you using?

You missed the question, his bottle is leaking paint when he shakes it to mix and he wants to know how to stop it from doing that, but it's hard to say without knowing what type of bottle it iso_O

You missed the question, his bottle is leaking paint when he shakes it to mix and he wants to know how to stop it from doing that, but it's hard to say without knowing what type of bottle it iso_O
oh. Do this bottles have little air hole like mine from Iwata has? -.-

Back