Evolution Silverline 2in1 fpc vs Eclipse HP-CS

It feels top heavy when it's empty! Sadly I haven't had a chance to try using it full of paint.

I have no idea why H&S lists things the way they do. All of the needle/nozzle sizes are interchangeable between the Evo, Infinity, and Grafo lines. I'm fairly certain that they also work on an Ultra. The only oddball is the Colani (not counting the Hansa line of brushes). There is a "fine line" aircap and a "standard" aircap, which is interchangeable as well. In my picture above is the standard style cap.

It feels top heavy when it's empty! Sadly I haven't had a chance to try using it full of paint.

I have no idea why H&S lists things the way they do. All of the needle/nozzle sizes are interchangeable between the Evo, Infinity, and Grafo lines. I'm fairly certain that they also work on an Ultra. The only oddball is the Colani (not counting the Hansa line of brushes). There is a "fine line" aircap and a "standard" aircap, which is interchangeable as well. In my picture above is the standard style cap.

I have an Ultra, and the nozzle is interchangeable with the Evo.

Don

I was referring to the aircap, not the nozzle itself. The aircap for the Ultra is a different part number, and it looks like it's one piece instead of two? A video on youtube claimed that an Evo aircap would screw into the body, but the threads didn't feel right. I don't have an Ultra yet so I have no idea how it works.

Edit: OK I see what you were replying to. :) I cross referenced the part numbers for the needle and nozzle and they are listed as being the same for all H&S brushes. It's been a long day and I'm getting forgetful.

Appears the Grex Genesis XGI is also a great piece similar to the tritium!!

The Genesis and Tritium are the same spec's except for the trigger really, both come with 3 cup sizes and the needle/nozzle kits are the same part numbers which is handy. I'm not sure if the fan spray caps fit the Genesis though, will have to take a look and get back if you're interested?

I'll just use an Eclipse BCS. Get Fast-Blast caps for my bottles and be done. Colour changes are faster and easier and a lot less cleaning.

The Grex Genesis XGi, or the Tritium Tg with fan spray nozzle may be the answer to large areas. ...

I was referring to the aircap, not the nozzle itself. The aircap for the Ultra is a different part number, and it looks like it's one piece instead of two? A video on youtube claimed that an Evo aircap would screw into the body, but the threads didn't feel right. I don't have an Ultra yet so I have no idea how it works.

Edit: OK I see what you were replying to. :) I cross referenced the part numbers for the needle and nozzle and they are listed as being the same for all H&S brushes. It's been a long day and I'm getting forgetful.

I just swapped the air caps between the Evo and the Ultra and they seem to fit the same. The Ultra is one piece and it doesn't have the O-ring of the Evo.

Don

I'd like to try a Grex but that green is sooooo ugly

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :) They are nice airbrushes.

Grex.jpg

Don

Well... this has taken a 90 degree turn!!! I started wanting a nice airbrush, then wanted a great airbrush, then not sure an airbrush is what I needed to ??? to I was just going to order an infinity cs 2 in 1 to today...
I have a fair amount of experience with a regular spray gun, HVLP, both big and detail gun. SO, that is the pattern I am used to seeing... the "fan spray pattern". When I watched airbrush guys jerking all over instead of smooth strokes, I found that odd..... But, due to round pattern, I guess it makes sense... and to totally different goal.... ....
SO... when someone pointed out the grex tg to me... ok... I looked.. then looked and looked and looked...
It seems as if the Genesis XGi "could.. (might b3)" a reasonable solution for me...
1) Normal airbrush style.... it is a different feel than the trigger gun (I need to learn airbrush trigger skills)
2) well reviewed piece in terms of quality, design, and performance
3) interchangeable cups... up to 50 ml... that will cover my larger areas
4) "fan spray pattern" cap for the larger areas
5) up to .7mm tip... this will throw out some paint!!
6) looks like a solid "air brush"... meaning for the smaller detail work.... not an HS, but not a HF for sure!!

How does my logic sound? I know you guys are airbrush guys... that's why I am here...so the whole fan spray concept is not the norm for you.... which make some not like it... We are all creatures of habit and know what we like and what works... no reason to change...
I really appreciate all the input and thoughtful responses.

Well... this has taken a 90 degree turn!!! I started wanting a nice airbrush, then wanted a great airbrush, then not sure an airbrush is what I needed to ??? to I was just going to order an infinity cs 2 in 1 to today...
I have a fair amount of experience with a regular spray gun, HVLP, both big and detail gun. SO, that is the pattern I am used to seeing... the "fan spray pattern". When I watched airbrush guys jerking all over instead of smooth strokes, I found that odd..... But, due to round pattern, I guess it makes sense... and to totally different goal.... ....
SO... when someone pointed out the grex tg to me... ok... I looked.. then looked and looked and looked...
It seems as if the Genesis XGi "could.. (might b3)" a reasonable solution for me...
1) Normal airbrush style.... it is a different feel than the trigger gun (I need to learn airbrush trigger skills)
6) looks like a solid "air brush"... meaning for the smaller detail work.... not an HS, but not a HF for sure!!

How does my logic sound? I know you guys are airbrush guys... that's why I am here...so the whole fan spray concept is not the norm for you.... which make some not like it... We are all creatures of habit and know what we like and what works... no reason to change...

I'd say you're spot on with your reasoning.:thumbsup: I don't have experience myself with using Grex, but have seen the information on them. The interchangeable needle/nozzle/aircaps is a really great feature. People seem to like them and compare them to Iwatas.
Need to learn how to use what I have, so maybe next year(?) I'll pick one up to try for myself.
Best of luck on your decision

i actually dont mind the green of the Grex, it makes it stand out from the crowd.

Whoa! That's a serious cup. Personally, I think I'd still rather have a bottle slung underneath. Doesn't that feel pretty top heavy when it's near full?

Don
That cup is really meant for the Colani, which can have up to a 1.2mm nozzle/needle. It would be top heavy on the Evo.

Really? Lol I may have to try a Colani just to see what it's like.
Yes, I have one. The atomization suffers a bit on the 1.2, needs to have the PSI set relatively high. I rarely use it, but it’s worked well in the high coverage applications I’ve occasionally needed it for.

Sounds pretty good :)
I'd probably look at buying the XGi3 and get a TFK-5 or TFK-7 needle/nozzle/fan cap kit that way you get the necessary bits for the changeover ready to go.
The XSi's are a nice brush too and might give you more flexibility with larger cup/bottle sizes. they have an attachment to take the standard syphon bottles so you can have multiple colours ready to go and one or two for cleaning between colours etc. If you are mostly using one colour then the XGi is easier to clean at the end of the day.
hth, Mick

Sounds pretty good :)
I'd probably look at buying the XGi3 and get a TFK-5 or TFK-7 needle/nozzle/fan cap kit that way you get the necessary bits for the changeover ready to go.
The XSi's are a nice brush too and might give you more flexibility with larger cup/bottle sizes. they have an attachment to take the standard syphon bottles so you can have multiple colours ready to go and one or two for cleaning between colours etc. If you are mostly using one colour then the XGi is easier to clean at the end of the day.
hth, Mick
I'm glad you said XGi3 and TFK 5 or 7..... that is what I supposed... The XGi3 seems like it will be fine for anything small I will do... the TFK5 or 7 is the current decision...
I watched the grex youtube demo.. seems like the tfk5 will put paint down and it still be slightly wet... that is the world I come from... actually I come from "wet paint" world... I haven't sprayed anything that is sprayed and instantly dry... or "dry".
I had XGi3 and TFKt in my shopping cart, along with cleaning brushes. Now need to figure out hose/ quick disconnect thing. It looks like Grex is more standard with HS and Infinity.

Back