For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

eye's check

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by Ronald art, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

it was about 2 years over due but today I finally had my eyes checked as I had scratched up my glasses and really needed a new one
    to my surprise I only needed 0.25 point stronger glasses and I think that s not to bad seeing it had been over 4 years since I had them checked :)
    Now lets see if my new glasses will make a difference in my art work when they are ready for me to pick them up
    SiRoxx, doc1, huskystafford and 2 others like this.
  2. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

Nice one Ron, hopefully you will see a little better.

Lee
    huskystafford likes this.
  3. twood

twood Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

That is good for your eyes only getting that much weaker.
    I just went for an eye check myself and didn't get away with news like yours. I have to get cataracts removed from both eyes. It takes about a year wait to get it done. They figure I will need it done by then. Good news is that it is a very easy procedure. And it does explain why I see through a slight fogginess...
    jord001 likes this.
  4. JackEb

JackEb The Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

Glad to hear your eyes haven't deteriorated a great deal Ron, as a lifetime wearer of glasses I know it can be frustrating when they do change a great deal, when you get new glasses its like you've been seeing the world as a constant blur.

Speaking of looking at things through a constant blur... @twood, when you get yours done make sure you explore the options regarding lens replacement. Because I have always extremely short sighted and needed corrective lens from the age of 5 I had several options.
    both eyes set for distance, but would need reading glasses for any closer than arms length,
    both eyes set for 'reading' and glasses for driving / distance
    OR
    one eye set for distance, one eye set for 'reading'. This is the option I took. I had contact lens' set up that way about 15 years ago and it was amazing.
    I'm now over 2 years since my double cataract surgery and I couldn't be happier.
    I have a pair of cheap prescription glasses for my computer at work and a 'hobby' pair that I use when I need to focus closer than an elbows distance away (like airbrushing) but other than that NO GLASSES,
  5. Franc Kaiser

Franc Kaiser Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

Wish you all the best for your health... sight is precious - I’ve heard of deaf composers, but not of any blind painters.
  6. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

That’s great news Ron. I’m sure the new glasses will help too, it’ll be good to see what you make from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Ronald art

thanks all and @twood I hope you get your eyes sorted soon as I know what it is like to have a constant blurry sight mine cant be fixed as the damage is in my brain but I am used to it and I can work with it I just need to concentrate on that little sweet spot I still have and I have a little trick for when I want to paint details : I put cheap weak reading glasses over my regular glasses those reading glasses are just + 1.25 but it saves me the extra glasses I would need to airbrush
    SiRoxx and JackEb like this.
  8. twood

Thanx ...I have been wearing glasses since before 5 and I am near sighted. I looked into lazer surgery years ago but I was not willing to give up my close sight to see distance. I really do not wear glasses when painting as my reading sight is almost perfect. I have been wearing bifocals for awhile, which the bottom of the lenses were almost just glass...and I still find myself looking over the top of them when wearing them to see something close,,,go figure...lol
    SiRoxx likes this.
  9. huskystafford

huskystafford Needle chucking Ninja Very Likeable!

Had cataracts removed like 10 years ago,maybe even more. I also have right eye screwed. So I can't judge distance very good. If you would throw me a frisbee, I would catch it with my head -.-
    I have made myself 4 different glasses. One are sunglasses for long distance(I took my Randolph Engeniring and put custom lenses inside), I can drive with them, got one for close work -20cm, one for 30cm and one which I don't use for 40 cm distance. Have a guy which makes me lenses for 20 bucks per glasses, so I try to cover all the distances I would need.

When not bicycling, driving, I don't wear distance glasses(regular one- I didn't make those), cause I don't like glasses. Makes me feel old. Go figure...

Either way, It can be tricky sometimes with distance. Especially if you ride bicycle very fast and you need to decide what to do if you see something laying on the ground.
    SiRoxx likes this.
  10. Ronald art

I need my bifocal glasses real bad for everything I do without them I only see blurry shapes as my brain cant compensate my sight but only the blind spot but that is only a illusion as I failed to see every first letter during my eye check up and if it wasnt pointed out to me so I could change the angle I was looking I would not have known I missed the letters in my blind spot
  11. huskystafford

huskystafford Needle chucking Ninja Very Likeable!

Do you guys need to pay for your operations and doctors? Cause I seen a bill of one of my operation and I almost fell on my behind...
  12. Nightwish

Nightwish Young Tutorling

Wish you all the best, I had Cataract Surgery on both eyes about 5 weeks ago. My eyes are still in the healing process, so I still have to wait till I can have bifocals made.
  13. twood

We do not pay for it in Canada...but we pay for glasses and are only allowed one eye exam every 5 years that is paid for....unless over 65 or under 18, then I think it is paid for once a year
    huskystafford likes this.