Fengda BD 180 crown cap

I have one like you and I have one longer then you. I was wondering if those crowns are longer then prongs on yours.

WP_20190217_006.jpg
the right one is from iwata crown cup, the left is from original needle guard.

The non Black Devil (Foxy studio caps) are always long, you’ll need to grind/file them down to shorten them, they only need to extend a little further than your needle. The needle will extend differently on different models of airbrush eg: the needle on my HP may extend further than my Micron so the Micron cap crown tips will be shorter than on my eclipse. The legs also need to be narrow to allow you to easily pick the needle

Took some pics with my phone, little crappy, but you can tell the difference.
In the first micron cap up, fengda cap down. Looks ordinary but too a second pic with the fengda cap on and seems that the base of the cap would also need some grindind. The threads of the cap are way up from the base of the air cap.
430da209cf15d63008db2d581d44ec35.jpg
2c64fd293387a9d1238ea549a803050d.jpg

Στάλθηκε από το SM-T580 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I didn't elaborate before why I was asking about how long are those crowns. My eyes can't determine distance reliable, we talked about that with Jacky like half year ago, when some forum member used bright blue color for his text if I remember correctly. Was hard to read for me and for Jacky. So I did try with smaller 2 prong husky evil ear guard lol, but I did noticed I do hit a lot with that prong on a glass. Practising on a glass lately. So I made another one, longer which gives me more room for mistakes(I can hit and I still feel safely). That is mainly the problem, cause the first needle guard was cut also on the top, wonted to get good rounded ''spike'', but I didn't think it would be so short when finished. It was first try, so nothing weird. I do have another Iwata needle guard and the lenght of the prong will be the same as the original lenght of the guard. I won't go for rounded corners. So this should fix that issue.

Back