Finally got it down from 94db

Mat

Double Actioner
Hi all i finally finished my compressor silencing boxes yesterday night lol, meaning I have actually now trimmed it all with carpet on the outside, one for a little more noise reduction and two makes it a bit easier on my knees as well I have managed to get my Einhell 24tlr 94db down to about 45 to 50db I have actually had it like this since I started but but I haven't managed to get it finished with the carpet trim till last night lol but I think it's turned out pretty good ;) hope you like it ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2zIP6TtQw4

Last edited:
Hmm, I get an Unknown Video message on you tube from your link

Sorry Wayne have a bash at this one lol I am useless at this stuff looks like me needs to go on a ruddy course for compy's lol ;)

Hopefully got it right this time

Got the mrs on it, so it should work now. Made her register to check they worked as well...lol :)

Nice one Mat, what a difference it makes and how you've managed to make space in such a small area is great. I hope it's well ventilated :)
Cheers Mel

Thank's very much Alf ;) And it took a lot of sitting down believe it or not as I did and measured everything as though I were sat down which as you can see was a big pain getting up and down lol but It's all worked out pretty well and I got the MDF for free from a local kitchen supplier the underlay and the underlay we had over from when we moved in and I fitted the carpets the paint I had left over from our place and from customers as I am a Painter and Decorator by trade and I always have a mass of screws lying about ,so in all the compressor cost £40 the white extractor cost £10 the other fan on the floor is one I used for work so it's all basically cost round about £60 to £70 as everything was built by me over a fair few months as my back only lets me so much ;(

All in all I'm pretty proud of it I suppose and my better half is happy as well as I lock myself away for hours given the chance but i haven't done much as the kids have been off on their summer hols and they drive you to distraction lol ;) but as of next week they are all back in school so I'm going to be at it hammer and tongs lol ;) I have lost time to make up ;)

nice job and very efficient since its so little space :cool:

Cheers Mel it works for now lol it's one of those things where you think crickey what will I do when I start taking orders and where will I find the space lol I may end up loosing all my tools in the cupboard under the stairs haha i'll be at it Harry Potter style lol ;), and yup it well ventilated on the other side of the Tumble Dryer is our back door and a window which again is a nightmare as that's one of the reasons I haven't done much as the weather has been nice for a change si they have been in and out of the back garden si I haven't stood a chance work wise lol but that all changes next week as they are back in school hahaha yayyyyyyyyyyyy ;)

Nice one Mat, what a difference it makes and how you've managed to make space in such a small area is great. I hope it's well ventilated :)
Cheers Mel

Gotta say that's pretty damn neat! You should sell these, I reckon they'd sell really well. Love your pull out shelves and gizmos too!

Thank's Trailer Trash ;) I didn't think i'd get such great responses I may very well look into the idea of making a few I'll see if anyone is interested ;)

Gotta say that's pretty damn neat! You should sell these, I reckon they'd sell really well. Love your pull out shelves and gizmos too!

Back